3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

superchips is pissen me off!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superchips is pissen me off!!

so as a lot of you know i got a great deal (free) tuner from my budy... i sent it to superchips to be reset for $100 and they recieved it thursday the 18 well finally wednesday the 24th i finally gotta call saying they were workin on it and it would be done at the end of the day.. kool! i figured friday or monday ill have it.. called friday for a trackin number.. im sorry we haven had a chance to ship it yet its on the desk ready though... i think to myself hmm.... ups can pick it up for ya... its not that hard.. plus drop boxes everywhere.... but ook i was kool about... so i called today and the thing is still freakin sittin there like wtf is it that hard to ship somethin i just gave you a hundred dollars for a few clicks on a computer to reset my tuner and you cant even ship the fricken thing this is rediculous.... they said its not a rush order i said wtf is that supposed to mean and hes like well it will be outa here by the end of the week im like whatever and he hung the f***k up do i have a right to be mad here... what should i do this sucks and im pissed!!!

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 10-30-2007, 10:55 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: superchips is pissen me off!!

Ever since MSD bought them out, they think their **** don't stink. You should get on their forum and read some of the responses. The '07 Hemi guys are really pissed off. The tuner basically does tire size and reads codes on the '07's. They don't tell you this until after you buy it though. Then it's like, "sorry, we know it's basically a paper weight for your truck,but our guys are tied up developing the unit that will replace the Flashpaq. Maybe, if time is permitting we will work on some functions for your tuneAFTER we get this new $600 tuner to market." & " Refund, well, you are gonna have to talk to who you bought it from about that."
They got the last of my money when I was told point blank that custom tunes were a couple of months away before I bought mine. I made it clear, that for where I was going with this truck as far as mods, the tuner would not be of any real use if they did not come out with the custom tunes. I was told, no problem, they are almost ready as we speak. So I dropped the $400+ and six months later they say, "well we are not going to do custom tunes".
MSD has taken a very aggressive, highly functional company and made it into a corrupt, political, lying corporate America waste product.
I've kept every correspondence I've had with them, either by PM or forum. I've got four specific instances where they have out and out lied, and basically admitted to it in subsequent correspondence. Can you say "Class Action"?
Please, oh please, SCT get that damn tuner out for the Hemi soon!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 11:09 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

who should i contact about this bs than a manager at superchips or should i call msd?

Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take the $100 as a loss and by a BullyDog. Do what Hammer said about visiting the forum and see what everyone is saying now. If you think you have problems now, what do you think they are going to do if you actually have a problem. Sorry about your situation, it sucks when you the consumer is treated like ****, but there is not much you can do except bash them on a forum and make sure they know about it.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:28 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

well the thing is i im on a budget and they already fixed the tuner they just dont give a rats @$$ about the consumer... im 18 and bust my tail for everything i have on that truck and when i pay for something i wanna use it not have it used as a paper weight bc the mailbox is to far away!!!!

Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 AM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

You could file a complaint with the Better Bussiness Bureau.... That way if some one else call about them... they tell em they suck... and what nots...

Old 10-31-2007, 05:40 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I don't necessarily agree with L & R here. The SC does a pretty good job with the '03 Hemi. You won't have nearly all the features the Flashpaq gives us '04-'06 guys, but you'll see a pretty big difference after the install. Yea, that $100 was a no brainer, really.
It's just really ashame that their customer service doesn't give a rat's *** about the customer. Get on their forum and start raising hell. Someone there might move their *** and get it back to you to you if you start calling them out in front of other customers & potential customers.
It's a shame the '03 doesn't use the Flashpaq as they could have unlocked it for you over your PC.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 AM
tnt1036
Professional

I would save all your complaints until after you get what you want. After you hung up them they probably reprogramed your tuner to get horrible gas mileage and to slow the oil flow so it blows the engine in a few thousand miles.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:32 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Sanford, Fl. is about 35 miles from me, want me to go get it and mail it to you?

Old 10-31-2007, 10:08 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Sanford, Fl. is about 35 miles from me, want me to go get it and mail it to you?
YES!!! and raise hell while your there [sm=badbadbad.gif]

Im callin them again today and telling them they should next day it at their expense because i have been more than patient... wat do ya think?

Quick Reply: superchips is pissen me off!!