3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:31 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Dodge Ram 1500 Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Heated mirror but no rear defrost?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 04:51 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Holy thread resurrection, Batman! Well, if it's your only option, you can always throw a little tint on to match.

Old 12-20-2012, 11:49 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffstoy
I want to put heated glass in my used 07 Ram. Mopar and aftermarket sources only list the heated backlite with privacy tint. I assume the side windows were tinted to match if you ordered that option. My glass isn't tinted. As chuck1252 stated ,most of the wiring is there if you have heated side mirrors. I do. The glass is $284 from on line glass guys and over $400 from the best on line mopar guys. the question is: will a privacy tinted backlite look lousy with untinted side windows. I dont want privacy I want to see . Does anybody know how this option was packaged in 07?

Jeffstoy,

If you'd like to PM me your VIN# I can review to see what additional information I can find, as far as which part will be compatible with your make and model. I can also review if they are available without tint.

Let me know if you are interested.

Old 02-16-2013, 02:10 PM
jeffstoy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more research

It seems that drivers side windows on most cars are not tinted. When privacy tint is used it goes from the rear seat windows on back. If you have no rear seat,like my standard cab, then it is just on the back window.There was another post that covered the electrical aspects very well. Somebody mentioned getting a service manual in e bay. There is only one guy selling an unmarked disc for $9. A legit CD is around $249 new or maybe half that used. I e mailed The cheap disc guy to find out if he was selling factory type manual with schematics,plug pin outs, connector locations, etc. or just a chilton type manual but got no reply. Has anybody bought a decent manual on e bay for cheap?

Quick Reply: Heated mirror but no rear defrost?