3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bi-Xenon HID problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:47 PM
kicker417
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok this is wat you do you get the realy get power and ground from the battery and put it to the relay you get an input from the positive runnin to the lights and put it to the relay and then put the negative out to the lights it should work this is how i have it in my truck and they work fine.

Old 08-16-2008, 11:51 PM
hitlershemi

ok resistor and relay my 2 cents ive heard that without the resistance in the line it shows low voltage we sell at my work 10 ohms for this problem but its a beefy resistor and it gets HOT!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:21 PM
Donaca04

mine just blink with capacitors and i was wondering if anybody has found a fix to the Bi-xenon kit with hi and low beams. using a resistor and some diodes i could fool the computer but the resistor just gets too hot! does anyone have any solutions to fix this for the bi-xenon kit?

Old 09-15-2008, 05:32 PM
mountaingade
Rookie

I just bought a kit and have the same problem. I red that it has to do with the day running light... Apperently we have to disconnect the wire that feeds the power for the daytime running light. I thought of pulling the fuse for those lights, but I can't find them in the under the hood fuse box. I also red that the fuse for the daytime running lights are on the same surcuit as the fog lights. To much speculation, we need a real problem solver, so anyone find out how the heck we fix this darn problem.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:24 PM
BCGray
Amateur

The Major Problem with the Rams is the "Daytime Running light configuration and for the later ones the fact that it turns off the daytime running headlight on the signal side. Both of these and the fact that they are controlled by the lighting computer, make converting a late model Ram with a single dual bulb tricky. This coupled with the heat generated within a plastic enclosure make it really impracticable (not saying it can't be done).

The only solution I have come up with is a conversion to Projection lenses, then adding the HID's, however you still need additional relays and some advanced electrical knowledge. I have a rough plan for mine and when I complete the package I will do a DIY for here (advantage with the Projection lenses is that they are dual light one high one low beam)

Fact: HID's need stable power for power up, and they take time to come to temp, they dislike being turned on & off, hence no High Beam HID's as of yet, though some Manufactors are working on that.

Hope that helps

Old 09-15-2008, 09:48 PM
mountaingade
Rookie

so technicaly, if i go to the dealer, he could reprogram de daytime running light and that should solve the flickering problem right?

Old 09-15-2008, 09:49 PM
mmstar23
Champion

seems that the problem is only with daytime running lights and bi-xenon HIDs? im looking at HIDs, but i dont have the regular 9007 bulb, i have H1's becaus ei changed my whole headlight. and i also dont have daytime running lights....do you think i will have flashing problems too even though i dont need bi-xenons and dont have Daytime running lights?

Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM
BCGray
Amateur

You shouldn't have mmstar23.

As far as I have heard the dealers cannot alter that program, but some Dodge Mechanics may say otherwise mountaingade, and if they can do it fine.

Just remember it is only the Late Model Rams with daytime running lights and the circuit that turns out the signal side light in the direction you are turning....Those are the ones that are a Pain

Old 09-15-2008, 10:39 PM
mmstar23
Champion

sounds like i should be fine then. no dual filament problem. no daytime running light. i think ill order some HIDs soon

Old 09-16-2008, 05:01 PM
mountaingade
Rookie

Originally Posted by BCGray
You shouldn't have mmstar23.

As far as I have heard the dealers cannot alter that program, but some Dodge Mechanics may say otherwise mountaingade, and if they can do it fine.

Just remember it is only the Late Model Rams with daytime running lights and the circuit that turns out the signal side light in the direction you are turning....Those are the ones that are a Pain
My truck is a 04 so no problem with the turning signal BS

Quick Reply: Bi-Xenon HID problem