3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

think dealers will make a deal on spec orders???

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think dealers will make a deal on spec orders???

Well i've finally gotten myself into a job where i'm making enough to afford a new vehicle. well new or used I dunno what I want yet. was gonna go used but seeing the interest rates for new are so low and the deals are great I figure look into new first.

my problem though is this. I do not like what the general public does. I don't like automatic and I don't like extended cabs. so basically every truck on the lot I don't like. the truck I want is a rcsb 4x4 4.7L six speed manual. I know I like it because my dad has one and it rocks. but do you guys think dealers will still make a killer deal on a truck that has to be ordered??? because I looked I can't find one like what I want within 800 miles of where I live. I can't find any outside of that either but I dnno.

I'm also interested in a 2500 qcsb 4x4 CTD six speed. but once again there are no stick shifts to be had in my area. (which is sad considering it's an HD pickup) I can deal with a qc in a CTD but not for a half ton. so I dunno once again i'm in the same pickle. I wanna look at used but there are guys getting deals on new trucks better than used anything so I dunno. I'm in the prelim stages of looking right now so we'll see.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:57 AM
#Red
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: think dealers will make a deal on spec orders???

Of course they will make a deal on any factory ordered truck. I have always ordered my trucks to get only what I want on them and have always gotten great deals. Good luck and go new, not used. Red

Old 01-09-2008, 09:19 AM
mfs212
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, they will make a deal....but it may not be the BEST deal. The dealer works very hard to determine which vehicles they need to have on their lot for the customers in their area. Their first priority is to move what is on the lot.

What people don't understand is that "special orders" are often transferred from another dealership, and not always on truck. I have often seen a rep from another dealership drive 300-800 miles to drop off/pick up a vehicle. This is cool if you dont mind receiving a brand new truck with a few hundred miles of break in driving already done...

Definately go new..to take advantage of the LLW on the Powertrain, and Dodge usually has some sick incentives, and if your credit is good your intrest rate will be almost nothing.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:38 AM
manualagain
Professional

I factory ordered my '08, for the same reason, I wanted a manual and none were to be found. MSRP on my truck was $37,750 and they came in at 29K and a little change. I expected them to come in under 30K and they did without any haggling at all. Yes I could have gotten a better deal especially had I had chosen one off the lot, but I got exactly what I wanted and the price was reasonable. A sale is a sale, and with the soft market and tough competion for truck sales they will deal. Get what you want!

Old 01-09-2008, 11:34 AM
kenihemi
All Star

Back awhile I ordered a dak from a local dealer and got a great deal. It even had my name on the window sticker. Took about a month or 2 of waiting for it.

You can also check with Steve White motors in Hickory, NC. That is who I bought the Ram from. They delivered it NJ for $200. Now I heard the delivery went up, but still under a grand. The delivered it on a trailer behind a ctd and it only had 31 miles on it. I got to test drive and look it over real good then sign the papers and hand over the check.

www.stevewhitemotors.com

Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I don't mind waiting but here's what had been going on the last few weeks. I was looking at used trucks dodge half ton and three quarter ton and for something good that wasn't beat up too bad was about 20-25k. and didn't have 180k plus miles lol. not bad I can make a payment on that much easily. but the friggin interest rate was like 8 %. I mean damn that's a shieeetttt load of interest. mebbe not bad if it was new but for a three yr old or more used. so I been seeing all these great deals. like guys getting CTD's for 30k and 0% or fully loaded hemi's for 21k and 0%. I'm not hell bent on 0% but ti would be nice.

so yea I'm looking on dodge's site and what I want msrp's at 31k so if I could get it for 25k and decent interest i'd be very happy. considering i was gonna spend 20k on a used jeep wrangler rubicon with 10k miles on it and it was an 05 (which was blue book lol). i'll take an 08 for that much more lol. i'm gonna go stop out there in the next day or two. gotta take dad's in for a oil change (he gets free oil changes through warranty period) otherwise we'd do it ourselves. so i'll talk to the salesguy we bought that one from. he was a real chill dude. so yea we shall see. this makes me happy taht i still can get a deal on that. so sickkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:24 PM
mfs212
Captain

offer 23K OTD (out the door) see what they say. Since you know what you are willing to pay, offer lower than that. This way, when the sales manager comes back with a higher offer, it will be right where you wanted to be. Dont for get TTL (Taxes, Tag, Licensing) can add up quickly as well.

BTW... The bank probably approved your loan at 6% and the dealership raised that 2% for themselves on the back end...

I got my used '04 Hemi SLT Quad with 40K for less than $15K OTD, which seemed pretty fair for me.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:34 PM
BIG HOOK
Professional

They will most certainly shouldgive you a great deal, especially now, the slowest time of the year.
Chances are the exact truck/options you want doesn't exist on another dealer lot within reasonable distance so they will order it for you.
When I went looking for a Dodge back in May 07, they found one optioned pretty close to what I wanted but it was more than 300 miles away and they did not want to have it transported because of cost. I must say Ievenhad a hard time finding what I wanted surfing the internet. Anyway, they gladly ordered it. I received all rebates and excellent financing.
My advice and what helped me was that I had researched quite thoroughly all the costs -invoice prices, options, andfinancing ahead of time so I was totally in control and got the truck I wanted.
Remember, it's not how much the dealer makes on the sale but how many they sell at the4 end of the month ora given sales period.

Tim

Quick Reply: think dealers will make a deal on spec orders???