3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So what's so bad about an eBay Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 11:51 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: So what's so bad about an eBay Intake?

that looks like a prett good setup...the problem i had with my ebay intake is that the filter and pipe started to rust after only 3 months and it made the really annoying whistling sound...i have an AEM brute force on mine that i got from ebay for like $165 shipped to my house, it's been 6 months with it so far and have had no issue and i love it...but i do like the one you have

Old 01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I as well got one on Ebay... figured... 45 bucks? beats 200... 300... or what ever it was... But like you guys... the lack of instuctions sucked... But it was'nt hard to install.. . just needed to know where togo with that bracket...so i threw it away and hung it with light duty cable... But the filter on the other hand... is by far.... not up to doing it's job... It looks nice... But it is just a screen... you know ... that stuff on the other side of your bedroom window?? ... no real filtration.... So i ended up gettin a filter... But i do feel it was worth it.. But for those who want to know.. here it is... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-14-2008, 02:55 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

i got mine off ebay...for $45 bucks..new. not a k&n filter, but still a pretty descent looking one.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:13 AM
RaptorRacing
Veteran

I was wondering about the intakes on ebay also ...but the one i was looking at at had dual cones and was real short anyone also seen this one????? Is there a proble, with to much air ..and would this intake cuase this prob for me??? i was think of running two long tubes so it would sit down low like his intake any opinoins>>>

Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 AM
mfs212
Captain

Raptor, check out the thread called "a different CAI...." started by old BWhite, it has pics of EXACTLY what you are talking about. That dual intake by itself is stupid, because it is sucking hot air...it is a COLD air intake, not a HOT air intake LOL,

but it looks kinda cool to do the "twintake" like the pics BWhite posted...Also, check out my thread about my homemade CAI and tell me what you think

Old 01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
RaptorRacing
Veteran

well thats what i figured the hole hot air thing but i was think of adding the same long tubing and bringing them both down lower like the one you guys have???? maybe maybe not i dont know

Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM
mfs212
Captain

Here is the pic I was talking about....

Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
RaptorRacing
Veteran

Man I want that do they sell ones like that.. and is that to much air ??? does it do anybetter then ones just with one cone???

Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 AM
mfs212
Captain

Well, I do not think that it will provide any real benefit, aside from looking cool. But i agree, that looks sweet. I am not sure where BWhite came up with that pic...he would be the one to ask.

Old 01-14-2008, 11:37 AM
RaptorRacing
Veteran

Does anyone have any info on the dula cia??? and does it do the job or to much air???

Quick Reply: So what's so bad about an eBay Intake?