3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So what's so bad about an eBay Intake?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: So what's so bad about an eBay Intake?

The picture above is not sold like that. It was pieced together by 3 different kits:

1 - Twin Intake: Click Here
and
2 - CAI's Kits that leave the hemi hat on: Click Here

You will also need 2 3.5" to 3" couplers Like these: Click Here

And If you really want to keep the heat away, you use a 3.5" coupler with 45 degree bend (as the one has in the picture above) to lift the twin section up away from the engine, Like this one: Click Here

If you go with that setup, you're looking around $292 total for everything you'll need.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
RaptorRacing
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks.. so i guess im better of sticking with the one like your then ?? 1 more question then i will shut up for the time being i noticed that they have two diffrent ones one like yours and then one thats goes down behind the bumper> which do you think is more efficent??

Old 01-14-2008, 02:23 PM
bwhite757
All Star

Mine is directly behind the passenger headlight. I wouldn't take it much further down than that. I was a little concerned with moisture getting to the filter, however I took a pressure hose to the front, hitting the headlight and grille area right there, trying to get water to the filter. After spraying it down for a couple of minutes, I popped the hood, and was surprised to see that the area right there was completely dry. Now if you get the one that goes even lower, down by the bumper, I would think that if you went through a good rain storm, you may suck up some water through the intake.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:28 PM
Story
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone used a Spectre 9932. It looks just like the Mopar CAI. Any thoughts? Spectre also has all the parts to make one.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:36 PM
moparmutt
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Story

Has anyone used a Spectre 9932. It looks just like the Mopar CAI. Any thoughts? Spectre also has all the parts to make one.
I fount this one and it also looks the same.
Ebay Link
I wonder how it would be with a brand name filter.

Quick Reply: So what's so bad about an eBay Intake?