3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

!!!!EXCHANGED FLASHPAQ FOR CORTEX!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Jorlage
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!EXCHANGED FLASHPAQ FOR CORTEX!!!!!

I recently purchased a flashpaq 3815, but was pretty aaggravated with the surging from the MDS. I loved all of the performance gains, but that surging got more and more aggravating. Well, I called the shop and told them I was going to retuurn it and one of the guys suggested the cortex. It was exactly $107 more. I have tried different setting on the performance 91 tune, so far no surging. The tune seems to be pretty much the same, with all of the same features such as adjusting the rev limiter and shift points. Didn't mess with them too much since i really don't knwo what would be good or bad for the truck. I know a lot of guys were talking about that mds surge, it seems as if this fixes that problem. Will see more when i get to do some "real" driving.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Jorlage
Default RE: !!!!EXCHANGED FLASHPAQ FOR CORTEX!!!!!

OK, it does still surge a little on the highway, but not nearly as much as it did with the flashpaq. When doing city driving you hardly feel it at all, but once I go over 60 i can still feel it.

Old 02-01-2008, 11:02 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

hmm.... well the cortex is still pretty new... maybe in time they will solve the problem..

Old 02-01-2008, 11:04 AM
TANKZ400
All Star

This is the first time i've heard of it about the same gains?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:31 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: TANKZ400

This is the first time i've heard of it about the same gains?
+1

Old 02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Jorlage

Yeah, for the most part the gains are the same. Still can change the shift points, rev. limiter, tire size, and top speed. I think the tunes are the same as the flashpaq, but I was told by the guy at the shop it would be better. I don't notice the mds surge as much, hopefully they can cut it out all together.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

You should see absolutely no difference between a 3815 Flashpaq and a 3950 Cortex, the tunes for the '04 and up Hemi 5.7 is identical in every way, it's the same code. The Cortex has more built in memory so it stores tunes for ALL dodge trucks and has a few more upgradeable features, but the tunes are identical...

Old 02-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Jorlage

Took a trip up to SC this weekend, adn the surging was just as bad as it was with the 3815. Got about 17.5 MPG average. Not disappointed, but still pretty aggravated with the MDS surge. Will it hurt to drive in TOW/HAUL all the time? MDS does not kick in with TOW/HAUL or O/D off selected. When I have to overdrive off, I don't like how high the RPMS are, but with tow/haul it has overdrive, just shifts differently.

Quick Reply: !!!!EXCHANGED FLASHPAQ FOR CORTEX!!!!!