3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Infinity sound system...do they all suck or just mine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008 | 12:13 AM
caliboy@heart
|
Veteran
Default Infinity sound system...do they all suck or just mine?

Hello. I'm still kinda new here and getting used to this type of forum. I spend most of my time on VWVortex.com and its a lot different! I have an 04 QC Ram 1500 4x4 with the 5.7 and its still a virgin at 29K miles. It has the Infinity sound system and I have to say....it really sucks. My wifes VW Bora (Jetta) has the premium sound and its sounds 100x better then my truck. Also, one of my work trucks is a 05 4x2 deisel ram with the regular sound system (not the infinity) and it sounds better then mine. Do all the Infinity systems suck this bad or is it just mine?

Old 02-09-2008 | 12:18 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Default RE: Infinity sound system...do they all suck or just mine?

I just have thestock basesystem and it sounds good to me in my reg cab...but i'm not really thatpicky either. I can see how it would sound worse in a QC though..

Old 02-09-2008 | 12:28 AM
caliboy@heart
|
Veteran

yea, it really sucks. anyone know if its all of these infinity systems or just mine?

Old 02-09-2008 | 02:07 AM
ThaChad
Professional

All of theInfinity systems in the Ram's suck. The Infinity System in the Dodge Nitro is awesome (for a factory system), the Infinity system in the mini-van's is pretty good too.

In no case is it worth the $1,000+ price tag, but to get other options its required.

-ThaChad

Old 02-09-2008 | 05:48 AM
SmittyRN
Professional

Getting in on this thread... do you think it's the radio/amp unit, or the speakers? I'm planning on replacing radio with a Kenwood, but I'm not planning on changing speakers if the stocks are pretty decent. Infinity/JBL/Harmon Kardon are all made by the same company, and I've always had good luck with them. Are the speakers in it the ones with the mini-amps built into the speakers? I've already figured out that installing sound insulation like Fatmat in the doors will get rid of the bass rattle.

Old 02-09-2008 | 08:53 AM
Mattcmdr
Professional

mine sounds bad ***......

Old 02-09-2008 | 09:36 AM
gheegrose
Amateur

Mine sounds pretty good, but the rear speakers seem pretty weak. With the balance and fade centered, probably 75% of the sound is coming from the front. Maybe because there's more speakers in the front, but most systems are tuned to be "balanced".

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:13 AM
HemiAtWork
Professional

I have an 04 Ram QC and an 04 Durango both with the infinity system. I've installed sound system professionally and dont get me wrong I have heard alot better...even stock systems, however I think theyboth sound great. The Durango thoughblows away the sound in the Ram. It has a much richer, fuller sound, great when watching a movie on theoverhead dvd player. Its like ahome theater in your car.When I bought the Ram I did compare the infinity sound with standard side by side in the dealer's lot and the infinity blew away the standard system in the quality of the sound and volume. Over all I think it sounds great for a stock system.

Old 02-09-2008 | 10:58 AM
caliboy@heart
|
Veteran

Well then I must just have a bad system. is there anyone in the waldorf maryland area in here that i can meet up with to compare the sound with to see if its just mine?

Old 02-09-2008 | 11:11 AM
redbeardmcg
Professional

What are you listening to? Sirius radio sounds flat and muffled, and a lot of FM channels crank up the bass to compensate for people with ****ty car stereos. Does it sound ****ty still with a CD?

Quick Reply: Infinity sound system...do they all suck or just mine?