3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealership screwed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 04:20 PM
shah 303
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealership screwed up my car

ORIGINAL: Baddog543

A little under the table action shah???
my friend works for my father so i let him work on my truck.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Redram05baby

my friend works for my father so i let him work on my truck.
Is It Just Me or Is This oooberly Confusing? I Keep Reading It Over and Over and It Just Reads Confusing.. I Think My ADD Is Getting Worse.

Old 02-20-2008, 04:49 PM
shah 303
Professional

[quote]ORIGINAL: Redram05baby

my friends works for my father so i let him work on my truck.
Is It Just Me or Is This oooberly Confusing? I Keep Reading It Over and Over and It Just Reads Confusing.. I Think My ADD Is Getting Worse.

Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
cowboymopar

it looks as if you are in Canada, I know around here we have a news station that will attack any one (they just took on one of the city sewer officials) and once they get them on the TV, it just seems to go bad for the business. There aint no cure like publicity!

Old 02-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parts/Service,

I am sorry but the you are missing one key fact in your assumptions. Did you hand over your car keys to Wal-Mart or entrust McDonnalds with your car as someone would do when they dropp off their car at the dealership. Your argument is flawed for the simple fact that none of the places you mentioned had an expressed or implied agreement to take ownership of your car while it was within their property. A dealership has the both an expressed and implied agreement that they will take resonable means to protect your car while in their possession.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:29 PM
Petz
Professional

Parts/Service,

I am sorry but the you are missing one key fact in your assumptions. Did you hand over your car keys to Wal-Mart or entrust McDonnalds with your car as someone would does when they dropp off their car at the dealership. Your argument is flawed for the simple fact that none of the places you mentioned had an expressed or implied agreement to take ownership of your car while it was within their property. A dealership has the both an expressed and implied agreement that they will take resonable means to protect your car while in their possession.

Old 02-21-2008, 02:35 PM
Petz
Professional

Damn, I love business law!

Old 02-21-2008, 04:11 PM
RedHemi05
Rookie

Lawyer up like most on here have said to do. I myself have to drop my ride off tomorrow morning for them to replace my CAT. So tomorrow I will read what I am signing and let you know. I am sure that Parts knows what he is saying being that he does that for work. Could also be different in certion states.

But I have to agree with most on here, you hand your keys to the dealership, they are responsible point blank!!

Listen I have only owned my '05 Ram 1500 since August 2nd last year and 5 days after I bought it, I had to take it back to them for the safety check. They looked it over and they had to replace the brakes all the way around then they wanted do some work on my rear Diff. They said it was safe for me to drive home. Well less than 2 miles from my house, the rear end locks up; I couldn't drive forward. I had it towed back to the dealership which is 30 minutes away from me. The dealership paid for my rental car but they had my truck for over a week. I was not a happy camper about that. I went off at the sales manager on this. I gave him 24 hours to get all the parts for it or I was going to file a complaint and also request for a different truck and get my deposit back.
Harr Dodge is Worcester, MA sucks. I will never go back there ever again. That is why I got to Ron Bouchard's in Fitchburg, MA they do good work and don't beat around the bush. On top of that he won the Talladega 500 back in 1981. His race car is at the dealership. LOL

Since then I have had a few things go wrong but thank goodness they were all covered under the warranty.

Keep us posted on this issue please. I myself would like to see how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Dealership screwed up my car