3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealership screwed up my car

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:13 PM
KPECT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealership screwed up my car

Hey Guys.
Give me Any advice please.
I brought my truck for warranty service one week ago to downsview chrysler in toronto. i was back by the end of the week to see is it fix or not.
And what what I got someone hit my truck from passenger side of cargo. I don't know is it collision or vandalism I don't care.
Today I was at dealer and ask them for compensation. They refused to repair that damaged and almost push me out from dealership and told that they will only do warranty service and no body work and no compensation, because they not resposible for the car. I also have some stuff missing from my truck but i don't know what yet for sure.
So any advice please it will be great.
What is the best way to deal them.
Thanks

Old 02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Dealership screwed up my car

Get a lawyer, and they will take care of it. Even the thought of them having to go to court with you might just get them to take care of it.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

Lawyer up, and report them to the BBB

Old 02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Redram05baby

Man Believe Me, I Just Went Through A Lawsuit Myself, Get A Laywer Man. It's Not Worth It. Do It Before You Do Anything You'll Regret.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Redram05baby

ORIGINAL: JD1500

Lawyer up, and report them to the BBB
Ahhh, The BBB.. They Are A Paid Off Company. Any Company That Overwhelmingly Pisses Me Off= BBB

Old 02-19-2008, 10:24 PM
JD1500
Record Breaker

well, around here it works

Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Redram05baby

I, My Company Is A Member of the BBB.. I Pay To Be A Member, My Customers Pretty Much Do The Rest. They OFFERED Me A 10K Package To Be Listed As The Highest BBB Reccomendation For The Year.. Tell me Whats Wrong With That Picture.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:45 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The BBB is crap! If you present yourself as a professional company and actually take the time to get to know your clients there is no need for the BBB. I have a small business and I can honestly tell you that none of my clients have ever been upset with me. Why???? Because i communicate with them, address quickly the issues while its a small thing, and then follow up to ensure all is well. The BBB is a joke and to the guy that is getting shafted by the dealer, get a lawyer and send them a certified letter. In todays times, businesses seem to operate under the assumption that its easier to say no and hope the customers are weak minded. Only the ones that stand up and actually raise their voice will get things resolved. Call it a form of fiscal management.... don't pay out what the weak will not fight for.

Old 02-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and last i checked the BBB is a for-profit organization. Which means that they are a company in the business to make a profit. The BBB is not there as a voice or middle man in the services rendered disputes between a company and a customer. They are there to sign up as many companies as possbile and sell advertisement space as a for profit company. Anyone that thinks the BBB is a resolution tool against a company is crazy

Old 02-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know that I am not going to be popular for this, but if it was at the dealer and it got damaged or broken into, you may have no recourse with the dealer. To put this in prospective, If you park at Wal-Mart and someone damages your vehicle or breaks into it, is Wal-Mart reaponsible for the repairs. If it happens at McDonalds or Wendys, are they responsible for the repairs. Just because it is at a dealer, you are still responsible for the damage. If you park in an apartment complex or a parking deck, who is responsible, the owner of the damaged vehicle is responsible. Thats what insurance is for. Not trying to anger anyone here, but getting a lawyer is not going to help. I have seen this a few times and have been sued for this and it always get thrown out in court...

And I really don't care who this pisses off, but unless you have proof that "the dealership screwed up my car", its not an honest statement. Its not like the dealership took their building and rammed your car...

Quick Reply: Dealership screwed up my car