3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes FOO!!!!
57.14%
Nah dude!!
42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

yes or no (only) question about flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:04 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yes or no (only) question about flowmaster

i went to flowmaster.com and listened to the sound clips. super 40 sounds way good!!! 50 is quiet. 40 sounds ricey. thats where you can check what you want, hemipwr07.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:34 PM
4x4jon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: yes or no (only) question about flowmaster

I have a 3in 10 series flowmaster. I went from a 3in dynomax ultraflo (one of the best flowing there is) to the flowmaster. I didnt lose any power at all when i switched. The 10 series is their race muffler, and is probably their best flowing design.

I would recommend it if you want a very aggressive sounding muffler. Its just about as loud as a straight pipe, but still has that flowmaster tone. Another big plus isthe price. Mine was only $75 new from summit racing.

If its power youre going for, then have a shop run true duals. Its easysince you havea cat on each side. All a shop has to do is cut the pipe just before the Y and run 2 separate pipes side by side. That will sound and flowway better than any Y pipe setup.

Heres a clip of my 10 series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm8IuF0yfak
Its louder than it sounds in the vid.

I plan on going true duals with another 10 series and an H pipe soon.

Quick Reply: yes or no (only) question about flowmaster