3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

6in lift or 7in lift?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 06:24 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default RE: 6in lift or 7in lift?

ORIGINAL: HammerZ71

Use some of the money you save by going with the body lift and get you a nice LSD like an Auburn when you do the gears. In a 4x2 it'll make a huge traction difference...

Didn't I say that like, a page ago???

Old 03-26-2008, 07:53 PM
cimcon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I dont mean to be rude or offensive in any way but I just got done trash talking a guy with a 12" lifted titan with 2WD!!!! I should of seriously taken a pic of the ORANGE cheap suspention kit that was totally see through (no axle in front)..... wow Nissan owners huh? Now a dodge.....I guess thats better... you should get BFG A/T 37-12.5 or 37-13 NOT M/T. Reason? You have 2WD, your not going to be wheeling, and if you stay on the road (or light off roading) they are amazing tires. They will push you through most surfaces with out needing 2WD.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:34 PM
287cc
Veteran

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

OE I said if you go larger than 35s

As for the opinion I believe its shared by most, prolly cause its logical.
Kinda like putting a turbo on a 4.7, shoulda bought a hemi instead.
Or just buying a real truck and getting a diesel if you really want to experiencepower. Because you know what they say " real trucks dont have spark plugs"

C Ram06, send me a pm with your email address so I can send you some pics of 2wd Rams with 6" 0r 7" lifts with either 315/70/17s on or 35" tires. Trust me they look great.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:36 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

id do a 6" lift. i dont know why people get all butt hurt when they find out its a 4x2. its not their truck. not like their gonna be the ones with any problems if any do happen. plus, they dont understand that some of us want the lift just for show.

Old 03-26-2008, 08:41 PM
287cc
Veteran

Exactly

Old 03-26-2008, 10:18 PM
CRMRAM
Veteran

Nothing wrong with lifting a 4x2.Its just like 4x4 guys that want to drop there trucks.Its whatever you want to do to your truck.True comment about having it lifted but not using it for whats it for,like off roading and all, but lets be honest,how many 4x4 guys really go OFF ROADING 24/7?? Take your brand new truck into the mud and tree branches. lol even tho I did it lol but meh....
Lifted trucks just look mean as hell no matter if its a 4x2 or a 4x4.Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: CRMRAM

Nothing wrong with lifting a 4x2.Its just like 4x4 guys that want to drop there trucks.Its whatever you want to do to your truck.True comment about having it lifted but not using it for whats it for,like off roading and all, but lets be honest,how many 4x4 guys really go OFF ROADING 24/7?? Take your brand new truck into the mud and tree branches. lol even tho I did it lol but meh....
Lifted trucks just look mean as hell no matter if its a 4x2 or a 4x4.Just my 2 cents.
exactly what im saying. doesnt matter if its 4x2 or 4x4. same ****. the only time youll use the 4x4 is if your stuck. i dont think us 4x2 owners are stupid to think that we absolutely need to go into quick sand and use our lifts for that. thats just ignorance saying your truck has to be a 4x4 for a lift and saying no truck is allowed to be lowered. i dont understand the need for people posting comment saying that he shouldnt lift it because its a 4x2 and keep it at that then come back later and try to 'help' but keep throwing salt on the wound. its simple, guy asks a question, you answer it. this thread is reminding me of that brazilian who asked nicely for an air bag kit for his 4x4 to lower it. think about those responses too! jeez!!

Old 03-26-2008, 11:38 PM
RamItOne

its just as bad as the poser ricers buying those cheap cars and modding them to be something they're not.

Lowering 4x4s is just as dumb.

And for the people that say well its a show truck, well a hood scoop, ground effects and a fart can doesnt make it a show car. Unless you've put a good 50% of the orig value of the truck worth of mods on it, then don't call it a show truck. Just like a parent of an ugly kid, they still love it, but they're not gonna be putting them in any beauty contests.

Looking at these responses I'm not the only one that thinks this way, I'm just the only one being a d!ck about it instead of sugar coating it. Most of the few that think itll look fine are 4x2'rs wonder why.
Just doesnt makes sense to spend that money on a 4x2.
But if you're looking to impress morons go ahead, in the end it is your truck.

Don't forget stickers add a solid 10hp each.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:44 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ORIGINAL: RamItOne

its just as bad as the poser ricers buying those cheap cars and modding them to be something they're not.

Lowering 4x4s is just as dumb.

And for the people that say well its a show truck, well a hood scoop, ground effects and a fart can doesnt make it a show car. Unless you've put a good 50% of the orig value of the truck worth of mods on it, then don't call it a show truck. Just like a parent of an ugly kid, they still love it, but they're not gonna be putting them in any beauty contests.

Looking at these responses I'm not the only one that thinks this way, I'm just the only one being a d!ck about it instead of sugar coating it. Most of the few that think itll look fine are 4x2'rs wonder why.
Just doesnt makes sense to spend that money on a 4x2.
But if you're looking to impress morons go ahead, in the end it is your truck.

Don't forget stickers add a solid 10hp each.
and some more ignorance from another very unhappy 4x4 owner.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:52 PM
RamItOne

Trucks are meant to be used as trucks and be driven by men, look at the 3rd gen post a pic and you can spot the 4x2 owners with no issues. For the people that want a truck to boost their ego or to be cool buy a tundra and STFU

Quick Reply: 6in lift or 7in lift?