3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

chip erased my computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 01:13 AM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chip erased my computer

Now I wouldn't be that pessimistic, it's fixable. I just think they might know an aftermarket programmer was once-upon-a-time hooked up to your truck

Old 03-30-2008, 06:50 AM
AhmedRam
Professional

hey man i was at the dealership once and the guy told me it is very important to have the ignition on coz if it happens in the middle of that operation then you might screw the whole PCM and you might need a new one. so i asked him why all that, he told me that once it is messed up in the middle of the operation the serial number get deleted and when you connect the DRBIII it cant get the number and wont recognize the car. so i am hoping its something simple man. good luck

Old 03-30-2008, 07:55 AM
RamItOne

just hot wire the SOB from now on.

well if your friend has homeowners or renteres insurance there should be a 500 dollar damage to property of others that can be files with less fan fare than a traditional homeowners claim.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:18 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Chances are they will know about the programmer. Generally speaking, trucks just dont go around erasing themselves. There is a root cause for something like that. From what i understand, programmers void the warrenty. Good luck to you getting this mess fixed.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:56 AM
damram1980
Professional

doe!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 12:48 PM
John M
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really hope you do end up having to buy a new computer. Why? Not because I have anything against you, but because you caused the problem, not Dodge. Why should the rest of us have to foot the bill (by higher prices) because you won't own up to something you (via your friend) did? You know damn well this isn't a fair warranty claim yet you go out of your way to make it look like you didn't touch anything. I can see it now: "I went to crank my truck and it didn't do anything at all. I don't have any idea why it did that."

Ya gotta pay to play. If something happens when you mod, it's your obligation to fix it. The factory doesn't guarantee the programmer. The programmer says "DO NOT TURN OFF IGNITION" and your friend did it anyway. Looks like he's the one that should be paying, not Dodge.

Too bad personal responsibility is not something people have these days. Be a man about it!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:11 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

ORIGINAL: John M

I really hope you do end up having to buy a new computer. Why? Not because I have anything against you, but because you caused the problem, not Dodge. Why should the rest of us have to foot the bill (by higher prices) because you won't own up to something you (via your friend) did? You know damn well this isn't a fair warranty claim yet you go out of your way to make it look like you didn't touch anything. I can see it now: "I went to crank my truck and it didn't do anything at all. I don't have any idea why it did that."

Ya gotta pay to play. If something happens when you mod, it's your obligation to fix it. The factory doesn't guarantee the programmer. The programmer says "DO NOT TURN OFF IGNITION" and your friend did it anyway. Looks like he's the one that should be paying, not Dodge.

Too bad personal responsibility is not something people have these days. Be a man about it!
I agree completley.... **** happens... it's called life... learn from your mistakes....

Old 03-30-2008, 02:18 PM
AhmedRam
Professional

you are right man.........

Old 03-30-2008, 02:44 PM
mmstar23
Champion

ya...**** happens....it was me that had the *** hole friend put ATF+4 in my fu*kin brake fluid. thank god it didnt mix and i could ahve sucked it out...but i went ahead and got it flushed right. he paid for the brake flushing which was like $40 and i hit him pretty good. but **** happens...its not the end of the world.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:45 PM
mmstar23
Champion

and learning from mistakes......ill be doing everyhing myself for now on...you got something you care about.....do it yourself so its done right!

Quick Reply: chip erased my computer