3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

chip erased my computer

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 02:25 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: chip erased my computer

So i take you are superior in cutomer service then? mabye all the major brands will hire you to re-write all the service contracts.... You can't blame the dealer.... and you should'nt blame David... He does what he's supposed to... When you buy a car... you sign a contract... and it says what the limitations are... length of time... Miles driven.... wear and tear.... everything... customer service is'nt everything... read what you signed... and that's all your gonna get....and being cocky won't get you much further either... If you get more then your supposed.... GOOD FOR YOU....

Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM
dwoods
Professional

there is a difference in tearing something up and trying to get them to take it back and just driving a truck and the rotors warpingand they wont warranty it because its 200 miles out of warranty.i'm not saying he tore his stuff up and i sure as hell ain't saying the stealership should pay for the pcm but if you warranty something and it quits 200 miles after warranty and its something like rotors why could't you just put in your computer that the truck has a few less miles and fix the $200 rotors?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:30 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

Would you like to be the dealership that get's caught falsifying odometer readouts? I'm sure that won't look very good to Chrysler... If that were the case... all of these all of a sudden 2-3-400 mile over issues would never happen...

Old 03-31-2008, 06:27 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

all the more reason for people to buy an extended warranty when dealing with issues such as the overages in mileage or time over the 36 months. But some repairs are not dependant upon reading the PCM so some dealers will be good to you and help you out a bit without worry about chargebacks... its their choice. AND if they have a knowledgable warranty clerk they can find ways around damn near anything if they want to.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Avenger2NV

I guess your one of those service managers that knows nothing about "Customer Service" You have a customer that paid $20,000+ for a truck less than 1 year ago and are not willing to stand behind that $20,000 truck for a set of rotors that cost $20 a piece or better yet offer to resurface at the least. Its all about Customer service. What happened to "service after the sale". Did i go back when i was ready to buy that 08 Avenger... You damn right i didn't. I went to the dealer that took care of me and replaced the warped rotorsthat were 200 miles over theexpiration..

I sure hope your AC doesn't go out at 36,001 miles because i know you won't try and take it in.
I see that you are sorta new and I am always glad to see new members. But if you post here consistantly, you will see that out of over 82,000 members I am the only service manager that posts here. I come here to give technical advice and advice on how to get the best service when they do visit a dealer. I come here to show that not all dealers are bad. Granted there are alot of crappy dealers out there but not all are stealerships. You will not find a manager that knows more about customer service that I do. Read some of my posts, or ask other members. As far as "standing behind the truck after the sale", I do not make a dime when you buy a truck from us, so why should I owe you anything for free. Ask your salesman to pay for the repair. Anything I give away for free takes food off my table and money out of my pocket. Do you work for free or give away your employers money.
As a manager in good standing with Chrysler, I have the ability to do out of warranty repairs and cover it under warranty. If I do this I have to explain myself. I will do it for a good customer, for a customer that comes in and actually spends money with me, for someone who comes in for more than just warranty work. I will also do it for customers that come in with a good attitude. I would probally have replaced your rotors under warranty if you were only 200 miles out of warranty but not if you came in and demanded it. I could easily back up you milage, but that cheats every other customer that abides by the rules.

Old 03-31-2008, 09:13 PM
trx450
Professional

well for all thos who said good for you severs you right, you can go F*** your self, the dealer took out my car starter and figured that was the problem and reprogramed my truck, thanks for the guys that were on my side cus the dealer does screw people over

Old 03-31-2008, 09:35 PM
07 Ram TRX4
Captain

Or is it that they screw you over cuz of way you treat people and because your easy..... ??? and that gives you the right to ruin the image of all other dealerships? Maybe you need to work on your people skills....

Old 03-31-2008, 10:10 PM
bmxnick7

well i have been following this post, and it deffinitly goes both ways, but as far as the pcm being under waranty, it isnt, it should state right in your contract that any modification will void your warranty, i bought my truck a month ago from a used car dealer, and i took it to th dodge dealer, and was asking about warrantys, and the truck has a 7/70 and the dealer that sold it to me never paid the transfer fee, so technicly it only had the 3/36, but being nice they gave me the warranty, even though it wasnt there problem, so dealers are cool about mods and some arent, mine told me an exhaust, and intake will not void mine but a tunner will.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:53 PM
tlarimer

All I can say is Karma is a Motherf@#$%r. You want to play, eventually you will pay. You guys wanted to pay for go fast goddies, but not the problems caused by it, even though there was no repercussions this time, What comes around goes around. If you want that warranty coverage for 1-50,000 over your warranty period, spend the extra money. If you want to bitch and complain about stealerships, than find somewhere else to buy your trucks/cars from. You say that nothing good comes from the stealership, Where the F(@$ do you think you TRUCK came from. Get over yourselves. Grow up or quit playing. And to all of those who want to tell me to F#@$ off, Come to little town in wyoming and say it to my face, you wont feel likea big badinternet gangsta after words.

To those of you who braoched this subject with honesty and Integrity, I applaud you.

NE DESIT VIRTUS
Rakkasans

Old 03-31-2008, 10:58 PM
Ben D.
Champion

It does serve ya right buddy. If you play you pay. Don't get upset because we told you that taking off the programmer and trying to make it pass as a stock vehicle was BS. It's the truth. I can honestly say on this forum we see maybe 1 out of every 10 issues wehre it is actually due to manufacturer error. the other 9 times are due to owner modifications causing stress upon other components and leading to a failure.

Quick Reply: chip erased my computer