3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Someone hit my truck!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:40 PM
InhumaneTorture
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Someone hit my truck!

I have Geico and once this claim is closed out, i'm switching insurance companies. They have been the biggest pain in my *** through this ordeal. Yeah, that stupid POS green lizard saved me money in premimums, but in the long run you get what you pay for. Lesson learned. I'm thinking of going back with AIG or maybe Allstate. Anyone have suggestions?

Old 04-04-2008, 12:09 AM
Timmerduder
Veteran

As far as the paintless repair, there can be no paint damage, ie chip or even a crack...but it can be on a body line... Its like a round shaped slim jim with the end that can be pointed in different directions kinda like a locking pin thats like 3/8"OD.... they insert it like between the window and body panel or through a tail light bezel. Slowly you push from behind and use a small ballpeen hammer from the outside. At a non-professional look it appears perfect on completion but if you really look you can see small orange peels.... good enugh for me.....

Old 04-04-2008, 01:17 AM
mmstar23
Champion

ORIGINAL: bpv

My truck got hit and runned a while back too - about $1500 damage. Talk to your insurance company, usually they willwaive the deductible if you report the hit and run within 24 hours - mine did!
serious question.....how the hell would they know if it happened in the last 24 hours? just call em' up and be like this happened yesterday

Old 04-05-2008, 07:59 PM
InhumaneTorture

Hey, I ordered the FBI rollpan yesterday, they said it will be here in 10-12 days. I can't wait. I'll post a pic when I get it on and painted.

Thanks again for the advice! You saved me about $120, since I was going to get the same looking pan from another company for much more.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:11 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

I have state farm ins, they even cover any mods done to the vehicle.I have my own pics and they take pics every week when i have something new done. I also keep ALL reciepts.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:10 PM
Petz
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have insurance thru AAA. Had progressive and state farm but must tell you that AAA has been the best.

Quick Reply: Someone hit my truck!