3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Subwoofer choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 PM
suckmyhemi07
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Subwoofer choices

yeah dude...then u know what they can do...i sold em to a friend who put em in a 89 Plymouth Laser ran with my Kenwood Excelon with 1200 Watts, housed in a kicker box...and the way that system pounds off that hatch is INSANE...easily the hardest hitting system in the town...which isnt sayin a whole lot for Southeast Indiana but it definately has got him a few tickets...you can hear it rattle the windows and parts of the roofs of gas stations when he pulls up

Old 04-03-2008, 11:56 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

nice!! yeah, i had them in a perfect enclosure. matched the specs perfectly. it was a fiberglass box under my backseats. pushed by a MTX 6001 or something. i have the amp still and one of the subs. my amp pushed 343w RMS to each of the subs. the amp was rated at 750w RMS. so i was getting 7w less than what the sub is supposed to get. so perfect enclosure + near perfect power = perfect sound. my god was it beautiful!!!! best of all, the subs look great too!!! my mom knew when i was close to home (about 200 yds away). i would love to find another 10.1 now to put in sinc ei ahev 1 sitting around and my amp still! but right now, my friend has a badass memphis setup. im drooling over memphis at the moment. but i dunno, i think (since i dont have much $$ for me) i will end up buying another 10.1 and keeping my old setup. plus, infinity subs will go great with my infinity stock system. lol. sorry, corny. lol. so it matches, you know? so ill just keep my stock speakers but buy a new head unit (innovatek, find it on ebay. it is sick!!!)

Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 AM
satansfx

ORIGINAL: InhumaneTorture
I honestly don't have time to spend digging up the specs on both products to post here

I've already done that two pages back... Honestly the Alpines don't do anything for me... Nothing jumps out and says "hey, this is going to be 1 killer sub"

I went with Elemental Designs http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...products_id=30

Old 04-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Hemipwr07
Veteran

wow...lots ofdiscusion going on here.ANYWAY i fixed my box so my R's fit! its sick. they are dual coil 4ohm to 4ohm = 2ohms.then i got a 450watt at 2ohm going to each. its pretty sick not gonna lie. my friend added bout an inch of wood underneath to mount it on so it rose over the slant. its nice. R's were a good choice (my opinion) haha

Old 04-04-2008, 07:53 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

congrats!!!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:40 PM
the _dodge _dealer

hey ill tell you the best way to go! scrap those other speakers and get some kicker cvx's these will fit under your seat 10's or 12's and will hit much harder than those other speakers! you can get a pair on ebay for about 200$ i did the same thing and im very satisfied. ive gotten 2 tickets already!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:18 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kicker is all about loud and no sound quality

Old 04-05-2008, 07:49 PM
InhumaneTorture

I did notice that, I was just trying to make a point to that other guy. Alpine's are not my fav either, but i'd still say there a lot better than the Pioneer subs. I think that guy must work for Pioneer or something.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:52 PM
InhumaneTorture

I'd agree about Kicker for the most part, but have you heard the SS series components? They are loud, but they really do sound good too. I haven't bought their subs since the C series Solo's (which were loud and sounded great). Their sound just doesn't appeal to me.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Ben D.
Champion

i'm starting to wonder if other than a few people if anyone on this forum understands that bigger/more powerful sub means you need more airspace for it to operate more. Instead all I see is "hey I jammed this big *** **** sub under my rear seat and it knowwwckkks"

for example a CVX needs at a miniumum. MINIMUM .8 cuft. which with a box under the seat it will not get that after you take away the displacement of the sub itself. and that's the miniumum .8 cu ft.

Or trying to wedge a sub into a box it doesn't fit in. it's a damn good indication that it isn't meant to be if your box isn't deep enough for the sub to fit in. Even a type R ten is meant to be in a box that is at a minimum .65 cu fit. ur gonna hardly get that under the seat of a truck after doing the math for everything displacement wise.

and wedging wood on there to make it fit. that defeats the purpose of sealing an enclosure. cuz now it is just gonna leak air out around.

I'm gonna wedge a SOLO X 18 into my regular cab ina .0005 cu ft box THAT **** WILL KNOCK[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]lol

Quick Reply: Subwoofer choices