3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:24 PM
mmstar23
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: speakers

ya...just turned it loud as hell with bass to -6 and it sounded fine....looks like i need a sub to compensate....now if i hook up an amp to my front doors....do i need another amp for my sub or can i leave the sub?

Old 04-12-2008, 04:36 PM
greg14_00
Professional

If you hook an amp to your speakers you will get a way better sound for sure, but if you want bass you would be better off getting a sub and an amp.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:34 AM
mmstar23
Champion

alright thanks. ill try and hook up the amp to my doors and then look into a sub and hook that to an amp too. do i need any speacial battery or anything to power all this, especially when it hits or not really?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:05 AM
satansfx

ORIGINAL: mmstar23
alright thanks. ill try and hook up the amp to my doors and then look into a sub and hook that to an amp too. do i need any speacial battery or anything to power all this, especially when it hits or not really?

Im sure some "pro" is going to come in here and tell you "you should get XXXX battery with X farad cap running with 0/0 power wire that way made from unicorn horns"

Basicly this..... Do you need a new battery? NO Do you need a cap? NO Do you need 0/0 gauge wiring? Depends on how much power your going to run.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:23 AM
mmstar23
Champion

my battery is fine. wish i went with the optima, but i got the bosch. all im looking to do is amp my doors and throw like one 10 in the back or maybe a 12 and run that to an amp. thats it.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 AM
satansfx

just run a 4ga. wire from the battery to the rear on the DRIVERS side. You can come in from the firewall by the hood cord.

Just make sure to use a grommet arround the hole so the wire doesnt rub against the roughed up metal. Or you can use rubber hose, just get slightly larger than the power wire and smaller than the hole you drill for the power wire... This way the hose protects the power wire from the firewall. Also remember to use some gasket seal arround the hole both in/out of the cab.

GL running the speaker wires from the rear back up front and into the doors, fun stuff there [:-]

Quick Reply: speakers