3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Anyone have a DualLiner

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 01:57 PM
Ironhead
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have a DualLiner

I'm looking for a bedliner and am leaning towards theDualLiner. I won't be doing a lot of heavy hauling, maybe an occasional load of wood, mostly family stuff. Not interested in the spray on liner. Anyone have any comments good or bad.

Old 04-11-2008, 02:19 PM
ramman59
Default RE: Anyone have a DualLiner

i have a dualiner and its ok.it can be abitch geting to the hooks dut i give it 8 out of 10.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:03 PM
daytona1680
Veteran

Have you considered a bed rug? I have seen both the dualliner and bedrug, both are very nice. The bedrug is a little cheaper, and is a little softer on your knees.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Ironhead
Professional

How is the bedrug for attracting dirt? If you were to haul some wood, would the chips and saw dust get stuck in the rug?

Old 04-11-2008, 04:22 PM
blamb
Amateur

I've got a DualLiner as well. It was a pretty good compromise at the time. No real complaints either, I like it a lot more than your standard plastic one piece drop in. But next time I'm just going to go for the spary in. I would second the 8 out of 10 rating..

Old 04-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Timmerduder
Veteran

How about some pics of this DualLiner....

Old 04-13-2008, 01:34 PM
SmittyRN
Professional

I installed one a month or so ago, I'm happy with it; cheaper than a good spray-in, and the rubber mat really keeps things from sliding around. Plus, I can pull it out and sell it later if I want. I did a DIY post with plenty of pictures here.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_1207370/tm.htm

Old 04-13-2008, 02:00 PM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

I have the bedrug, and I love it!!! You can see a pic of it in my gallery. As far as the dirt and saw dust, just take a water hose to it, and spray it out.

Old 04-14-2008, 02:24 PM
BartL

I installed a DualLiner about 3 weeks ago. I was trying to decide between a Bed Rug and the DualLiner but decided on the latter because it seemed to have a tougher, more wear-resistant surface. My DualLiner took more time to install than the Dual Comp website indicated it would. This was because aligning the two convex bumps at the front of each side panel to the mating bumps on the front piece required a lot of pulling and hammering with a soft mallet. After completing the installation, there was a slight gap all around the bottom pad and the side and front panels. Leaves and small debris may get into these gaps and must be picked out or blown out. Two or three days after installing my DualLiner I had the opportunity to inspect a Bed Rug installation in another truck. It was tightly fitted and more luxurious to see and touch but the carpeted surface appeared less durable than the 3/8" thick rubber pad of the DualLiner. I've read a few comments that splinters from lumber loaded on to a Bed Rug covered bed may snag on the carpeting. Decide what use you intend for your truck bed and select the cover that suits your use.

The Bed Rug cost $50 more than the DualLiner at the time of my purchase. Cabelas had the lowest price, ~$320, at that time. Be aware of the "Large item handling charge" (box weighs 80+ lb.) assessed by every store. They range from about $12 at Truck Accessories to $70 at J.C. Whitney's. High handling charges add significantly to the total cost of your liner. I had a sprayed-in Rhino Liner in my previous pickup truck. Except for some slight whitening over time, it was extremely tough but hard on my knees whenever I crawled under my bed's cap. I just installed a Leer fiberglass cap over my bed and that does away with the problem of leaves getting into the small gaps.
BartL

Quick Reply: Anyone have a DualLiner