3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New found problem w/ truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 01:42 PM
Kendra02
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New found problem w/ truck

[sm=sigh.gif] I just want my truck to work like its supposed to...is that so hard to ask. Something always gotta go wrong.

Thanks again guys.

Old 04-17-2008, 04:33 PM
RamItOne

my buddy has an 02 4.7 rcsb 2wd 90k+ has only has a tranny issue (still under warranty) and an over heating issue which we fixed with tstat rad flush and water pump. Other than that no issues. If its just one one thing that's acting up it'll be better than trading it in, you ought to go to a dealer and see what they'll give you for it, chances are you're gonna take it on the chin if you trade it in to a dealership. How's your car run, can it be used as a daily driver? When you change your oil get a fine filter (kinda like those that you use to scoop up a fish in an aquarium) and let the oil pour through it into the pan. See if any gunk stays in the filter.

Anyone think of using a thicker oil to mayber help unclog and crap in there ????

When you pour in the new oil throw in a quart of marvel mystery oil I'm the crankcase and about 4-6 oz in the gas tank. Also run high octane, as a veh gets older it'll start needing a higher octane to perform well.
Also clean out your pcv valve.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Kendra02
Professional

My mustang? oh no. Not even close to a daily..that car hasnt seen a parking spot other than at car shows..it doesnt get driven if its raining/going to rain, ive spent to much money on that car to ruin it. Its my baby.

Ill be going through my options tonight, trying to figure out what to do...

Quick Reply: New found problem w/ truck