3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

engine died!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 09:42 PM
mopowrmike
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine died!

Has anybody experienced any problems with their hemi engine dying? mine died the other day after pulling into my driveway, granted it turned back on but this is the second time it has done this. i have had the truck for a year already and the second week of driving it home it died, dealer scanned the computer said nothing was wrong! any info would be helpful

Old 01-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: engine died!

Do you go to the same gas staion all the time?
If you do try another. What type of gas do use in it?

Old 01-12-2005, 05:50 PM
Jon

2004 2500 ram with Hemi,
My engine is dying too
have had the truck for 6 months and it has done it
about 40 times.
the dealer still does not know whats wrong
they replaced 1 sensor.

help,
anyone have any ideas

Old 01-13-2005, 03:18 AM
B][GT
Professional

My buddies 03 did that a few times, he took it in and they did some fiddling, and he said they reprogramed something. i think it something with the key, and the chip inside it, and the sensor that picks it up. i dunno.

Old 01-13-2005, 09:56 PM
HEMIBOY04
Professional

i've had my hemi for a little over a year. about a month after i bought it it was acting really weird making funny noises one minute it would sound normal the next it would "glug glug glug" like a old disel then one day on the highway it died. it turns out it was a spring that broke no big deal they were having problems with them anyways so i took it down and they fixed the problem they were kinda suprised (they told me this was the 4th hemi with the same problem) it ran perfect after that but now i'm experiencing a different problem. since then the only things i've done to it are exhaust and a k&n filter. lately when i start it up the rpms jump to 3,000 then drop down to 500 then back up to 1500 then about 800. I have no idea what's going on with it. between the time it jumps back up to 1500 and back down to 500rpms the whole truck will shake and the exhaust tone sound like it's going to die. Does anyone else have this problem?

Old 02-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Flip

I've had the same problem with mine. I have a '05 1500 Hemi...picked it up not even 2 weeks ago and it's already happened to me 3 times. I brought it in to the dealer today and they said they could not find anything wrong with it. It only happens when I have the wheel cranked and i'm backing up, and once it happend while I was doing a u turn.
WTF is wrong with this bloddy thing????

Old 02-08-2005, 09:32 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 161 Likes on 148 Posts

umm..how much fuel was in the tank? fuel pickup might be getting dried from the fuel getting sloshed away from it.

Old 02-10-2005, 01:24 AM
ddgluck

Same issue - just happened for the first time today. I was making a turn, and then everything just died. I almost nailed an oncomming car. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. Anyone figured this one out yet?

- RAM 1500 5.9
- CAI
- 3K miles
- 1/3 tank of gas
- no other problems to report.

-dg

Old 02-10-2005, 09:43 AM
Flip

ORIGINAL: magnethead

umm..how much fuel was in the tank? fuel pickup might be getting dried from the fuel getting sloshed away from it.
I'm not sure. But this should not be happening??? Does anybody have an answer to this problem??

Old 02-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Flip

ORIGINAL: ddgluck

Same issue - just happened for the first time today. I was making a turn, and then everything just died. I almost nailed an oncomming car. I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. Anyone figured this one out yet?

- RAM 1500 5.9
- CAI
- 3K miles
- 1/3 tank of gas
- no other problems to report.

-dg
I hope you find out what the cause...I went to the dealer the other day and they did not find anything wrong with it. [:@]
Let me know what they say....

Quick Reply: engine died!