3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

story about my 02 ram

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 07:56 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default story about my 02 ram

well i already posted 1, and i thought it was a great write up of a day out with the family involving our dodge ram, some moterator, with all thier infinite power and wisdom thought otherwise, and felt it should be moved to some place i cannot find.

Sorry guys i guess im not allowed to share anything with my fellow 3rd gen rammers, thier is a higher power.

(i would just cuss out the moterator and be an outright between the check hole about it, but then they would just move that post too)

Old 05-04-2008, 07:58 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain
Default RE: story about my 02 ram

WOW, WOW, WOW.

It was great.

The movies were ok, (Prom night, and 21) but the drive in part of it was so much fun. It was my first time going to a drive in theater. We really had a great time.

It started around 8:15, the sun was just setting when we watched a preview and then on to the movie. It only took about 25-30 mins for it to get dark. There was 2 ways to get the sound, either the old school box in you window, or through your radio. We took the Ram (02 QC Sport 4x4 4.7L with factory Infinity Sound System) Dam it sounded good, just like being in a theater.

Me and the wife and the daughter (5) got in for $15, and its a double feature (2 for the price of 1) and a Large popcorn is $5. Best family entertainment Ive ever spent. They also have a lot of grassy room to set up a blanket and chairs to watch up front. There was also people in trucks that backed in and were sitting in the back of their trucks in chairs or blankets. Very cool. We just went with the traditional pull in and recline the seat alittle. There was a concession stand with all the normals of a theater and more and also decent clean bathrooms .

The movies of the night were not really what I want my daughter to watch, but I really wanted to try the place out so I can start letting people know about it. May 20th or so they are doing a double feature of IORN MAN and the NEW INDIANA JONES. We will be there for that hell or high water, and early to get a great spot!

This place has been in business for like 70 yrs, and I see why!

I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone in Iowa!!

Also... I thought it was just a drive in myth that people got busy in their car during the movie. NO SIR!! There was a late 90s explorer next to us and their windows got pretty fogged up during the second movie, and the wifey swears they were doing some fellatio, and the other side of me there was a late 90s Caddy with a couple of teens and their window were very very fogged during the 2nd movie... then they left about 2/3rds of the way through the 2nd so I'm guessing they were done doing whatever they were doing! Maybe it my daughter wasn't with us, were might have done the same.

Name:  IMG_0257.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  14.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0258.jpg
Size:  13.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0259.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  12.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0260.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  13.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0254.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  11.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0265.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  6.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0266.jpg
Size:  5.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0267.jpg
Size:  5.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0268.jpg
Size:  5.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0269.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  4.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0272.jpg
Size:  5.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0273.jpg
Size:  5.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0278.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  6.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0280.jpg
Size:  7.4 KB

Old 05-04-2008, 08:09 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

[:@]wow

Old 05-04-2008, 08:16 PM
StevenMoffettKY
Veteran

Maybe if you put this in the :What Did You Do To Your Ram Today" thread it wouldn't be considered so off-topic... Just a thought.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:34 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

Why? Just because this is not a problem or a mod, it is still Directly related to my Ram!

I chose to take the Ram because of the Infinity sound system (even if its just cheapos with and infinity name plate) because it sounds awsome. And we also took it for the room, and the comfy seats.

I dont see why it was moved, and I wanted to share it with you guys.

I never go to the off topic area, I bookmarked the 3rd gen ram page and thats allI go to.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Dodge4x4magnum
Rookie

I dont know about everyone else, but im glad I found this post. It was a cool story and i personally enjoyed reading it. I wish we had one of them drive in movies here is Maryland. None that I know of anyway. If they did i would go all the time. i like watching movies but hate going inside to watch, especially when its so nice outside

Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Jimmi

DUDE! Love the story, since I bought my RAM 6 weeks ago I have been looking forward to the Drive in opening, My son and I go all the time and now we won't be stuck in a car we will be TRUCKIN at the drive in. I already have plans to pimp out the bed to be more comfortable for our double shows.

Here is a link to our drive in to give them a lil show off:

http://www.autoramadrivein.com/overview.php

here's a listingI found for all the Drive ins for the country:

http://www.driveintheatre-ownersasso.../driveins.html

REMEMBER it is the drive-ins 75th anniversary so if you have one support it as they are almost exticent

Heres the mattress i wanna get to

http://www.jcwhitney.com/TRUCK-BEDZZ...9849_10614.jcw

just sooo many uses for that thing [:-]

Old 05-04-2008, 09:26 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

see, this is what im talking about, 2 people that loved the story, and share the same with thier rams... and the mods moved it once, and i reposted it.

Im glad it stayed here finally, glad to see other people liked it.

Old 05-05-2008, 11:10 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

wish we had a drive in. don't know of one anywhere near chicago

Quick Reply: story about my 02 ram