3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Train horn!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 01:44 AM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 06-21-2008, 02:12 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Default RE: Train horn!

i wouldn't get that. it will keep switching between the three sounds without you being able to control which you hear.

Old 06-21-2008, 07:47 AM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Time for me to jump in on the train horn comments...

If you are going to buy and looking for a good deal bid on a system from Seigeengineering on ebay. This is what they do. Just stay away from the Jericho system. This is there low end system and does not hold up to the abuse of being bounced around in a truck. Decent for cars but not a truck. You can buy whole kits for under $300 and get the horns, tank, compressor with 1 year warranty, tubing, solenoid, wiring, relay, and instal instructions. The only thing that you will need to buy is a 12v switch if you don't want to eliminate your stock horn.

I first went with the Jericho set up because it was cheap. Lasted 5 months before the compressor piston shattered. I called Seige and spoke to one of the engineers and at first he tryed to defend the system until I took it apart and saw how the unit was built. He then confirmed what I said and started talking to me about the Viar compressor. It is a heavy duty style compressor with warranty and will be able ;to handle the bouncing of the truck better. And he was right, that little compressor is a work horse.

I got a 3 gallon tank for the compressor with the kit. It had several openings on it for the install, so instead of plugging the extra holes, I bought one of those compressor attachment kits from Lowes and made my tank more usable. Now I can inflate tires, pressure test my sterilizer tanks for work, blow off anything, whatever I need right from my truck.

Btw, I have 4 trumpet horns, with the setup, hooked up to a 120 psi switch. I have a 200 psi switch, but waiting awhile before I put it on, if I put it on. Mine is LOUD AS HEll.....

Old 06-21-2008, 10:03 AM
daytona1680
Veteran

ORIGINAL: L and R Two

Time for me to jump in on the train horn comments...

If you are going to buy and looking for a good deal bid on a system from Seigeengineering on ebay. This is what they do. Just stay away from the Jericho system. This is there low end system and does not hold up to the abuse of being bounced around in a truck. Decent for cars but not a truck. You can buy whole kits for under $300 and get the horns, tank, compressor with 1 year warranty, tubing, solenoid, wiring, relay, and instal instructions. The only thing that you will need to buy is a 12v switch if you don't want to eliminate your stock horn.

I first went with the Jericho set up because it was cheap. Lasted 5 months before the compressor piston shattered. I called Seige and spoke to one of the engineers and at first he tryed to defend the system until I took it apart and saw how the unit was built. He then confirmed what I said and started talking to me about the Viar compressor. It is a heavy duty style compressor with warranty and will be able ;to handle the bouncing of the truck better. And he was right, that little compressor is a work horse.

I got a 3 gallon tank for the compressor with the kit. It had several openings on it for the install, so instead of plugging the extra holes, I bought one of those compressor attachment kits from Lowes and made my tank more usable. Now I can inflate tires, pressure test my sterilizer tanks for work, blow off anything, whatever I need right from my truck.

Btw, I have 4 trumpet horns, with the setup, hooked up to a 120 psi switch. I have a 200 psi switch, but waiting awhile before I put it on, if I put it on. Mine is LOUD AS HEll.....
Same setup I have and it is awsome

Old 06-21-2008, 10:08 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I bought the 4 trumpet setup with compressor and tank through one of my vendors, its a Klienn setup and is damn loud. I bought it to put in my RAM but decided last minute to put it in my Buick Lesabre instead since it is much harder to get any road respect from it than my truck. It was $200 with a year warranty but didnt include the wiring from the unit to the horn or switch itself... But since I am in the biz thats not a problem for me anyway. As soon as I put it on my girlfriend decided she wanted one for her Jeep Liberty but I havent put one on it yetbecause she uses her horn ALOT and she would probly get into trouble with it. Its loud enough to make the young and old almost jump outta their skin! And the funny thing is when I honk the horn due to some dumbass pulling over into my lane or something like that they usually stop where they are and look around for the big rig that they think they cutoff... I have gotten some many one finger salutes once they figure out it came from a grandma car thatnow its just funny.

Old 06-21-2008, 03:16 PM
bfred

nevermind

Old 06-23-2008, 07:20 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ORIGINAL: derricksmash

when i get bored enough one day and decide to go get a nitrous system installed...i'm definitely gonna make the nitrous button the same as the train horn button...
apparently smash lives 10 miles from me. I might get to see this happen some day. I'll be the guy rolling on the floor smash, laughing my *** off.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:57 PM
08arhemi
Professional

Newbie here. My first purchase on my 08 Hemi was a train horn. Pics coming soon, but I too got the Seige Eng. kit off ebay. No complaints, everything included. Here is the you tube video of the Kong MKII horns I bought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npU1cB_9OU

Old 03-14-2009, 10:59 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 08arhemi
Newbie here. My first purchase on my 08 Hemi was a train horn. Pics coming soon, but I too got the Seige Eng. kit off ebay. No complaints, everything included. Here is the you tube video of the Kong MKII horns I bought:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npU1cB_9OU
I also have Siege Engineering setup as in whats in my sig. Ive had them for about 2 yrs and no real issues.

Quick Reply: Train horn!