3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!! OIL PRESSURE!! FIXED

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008 | 07:30 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Default RE: guage problem

LOL, sorry for the confusion. I would use the rislone because I have used it before to de-sludge engines and I know it works. I have never used the valvoline so I cant say on that one. The Marvels is good stuff but is not designed to provide enough lubrication for an engine. If you were going to do a flush and drain it would be ok, but the rislone has detergents to desolve gunk while marvels is just a penetrating oil.

Old 07-16-2008 | 07:40 PM
mmstar23
|
Champion

ya im not sure if should do the engine flush with the machine. ive heard in some ways its not good for the engine. i might just pour the rislone in and drop the pan.

Old 07-16-2008 | 07:44 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

haha, i can see mmstar tripping out as he reads one post after another. rislone=marvel=seafoam=valvoline? you already got one of them in there, seafoam is just more concentrated. leave it alone for now, you odn't need any more. you can try a different one the next change.

either seafoam/marvel and change ever 500-1000 miles till its clean, or flush it then do the same thing. flushing will likely lead to less oil changes, but if you are hesitant to do the flush, then just keep changing, both will have the same effect. You will likely solve the bulk of the problem after the first change and the screen cleaning.

Old 07-16-2008 | 07:47 PM
mmstar23
|
Champion

THANK YOU FEEJAY! hahaha. i kinda thought since seafoam was already in there if i should put the rislone, but i though hey...what the hell. but looks like im going back to the origianl plan and just drop the pan and start cleaning away inside the pan.

next question. for the cleaner i was going to use brakekleen. theres 2 options...chlorinated or non chlorinated....what should i get?

Old 07-16-2008 | 07:55 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

that non chlorinated stuff is awesome!! i prefer it over the chlorinated, but either will work. you can also use seafoam deep creep, pb blaster...etc

just don't get any on the asphalt in your driveway, itll leave a spot.

Old 07-17-2008 | 04:31 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,

If you do use the brakekleen-you'll be upside down spraying this stuff up into the crancase cavity. Get some goggles and stay upwind of the fumes. Try to keep it off your skin, and absolutely, WATCH YOUR EYES,THIS STUFF CAN SERIOUSLY INJURE YOUR EYES, the chlorinated stuff is worse. If you can, put some kind of a metal drip pan under the truck to catch the run-off as it comes out.

The stuff works really well-but its not meant for humans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works great for instantly killing wasps and hornets too.-burns'em up.

Keep us all posted on how it works out.

This has been one of the longest diagnostic threads I've seen on here in a LONG time

Old 07-18-2008 | 01:00 PM
mmstar23
|
Champion

truck started ticking a little bit towards the end of my trip home. hopefully it will be alright when i drop the pan tomorrow!

Old 07-19-2008 | 06:06 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Dear Truck Gods,
please help MMstar fix his truck today . he has a BA truck, it would be a shame to see her go.

Amen

Old 07-19-2008 | 06:14 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

+++++++++++++++++++1^

Old 07-19-2008 | 06:56 PM
mmstar23
|
Champion

well your and my prayers were answered!!!! shes fixed!![sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

heres the story i tried posting earlier today, but DF was being gay. but shes fixed now! drove her all around and has perfect oil pressure. fires up with perfect oil pressure, never drops and runs great!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! OIL PRESSURE!! FIXED