3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just took out my middle seat...

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 01:44 AM
pcollins
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just took out my middle seat...

TheUsed,
Not to totally hijack your thread (as I have no advice about the middle console), but how much money was it to get all those blue LED's hooked up in your dash? Those look sick as hell and I wouldnt mind doing that to my truck (I live in AZ so dont worry, no one will know I am copying you ). I dont have a ton to spend, and probably wouldnt go as all out as you, but just a general idea of how you went about getting those in would be great. Thanks man

Old 07-09-2008, 01:46 AM
VOODOO1500
Amateur

build you a box out of wood with 4 or 5 in sides wrap it in D plate & mount in where the seat was..

Old 07-09-2008, 01:48 AM
mmstar23
Champion

diamond plate expensive? HA! i believe i got a 3'x6' sheet of it for $14 and with my employee discount it was less that $10

Old 07-09-2008, 01:55 AM
TraptuR
Rookie

I"m doing the same thing. I took out the center seat because I wanted a center console in its place. I'm currently in the process of finishing up the fabrication. What do ya think?

Name:  CIMG0605-1.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  95.5 KB
Cardboard Mock

Name:  CIMG0683.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  67.1 KB
Name:  CIMG0688.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  61.8 KB
Name:  CIMG0685.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  49.0 KB
Mounts where existing seat was.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:08 AM
mmstar23
Champion

that thing is going to be *&%$# AWESOME!

Old 07-09-2008, 02:20 AM
pcollins
Veteran

I agree god damn. You should make those and Ebay em ha

Old 07-09-2008, 08:20 AM
TheUsed801
Professional

ORIGINAL: pcollins

TheUsed,
Not to totally hijack your thread (as I have no advice about the middle console), but how much money was it to get all those blue LED's hooked up in your dash? Those look sick as hell and I wouldnt mind doing that to my truck (I live in AZ so dont worry, no one will know I am copying you ). I dont have a ton to spend, and probably wouldnt go as all out as you, but just a general idea of how you went about getting those in would be great. Thanks man
I only have 3 now, I had a lot more before, but the picture in my sig is current. I have two neon tubes, one on the drivers side and passengers side mounted with zip ties, and I put the one in my instrument panel because I had lights burned out. Instrument panel is pretty easy, just go to Auto Zone and get like a 12 inch LED strip, take your cluster out, disassemble it, and stick it in there. Everything's wired up behind the dash to my cigarette lighter/starter button.

Old 07-09-2008, 01:47 PM
05redhemi
Professional

hey theused you should custom build a huge *** sub box and make it some what into a center console/sub and cover it with diamond plate now that would be killer but then again would defeat the purpose of takin the middle seat out..... dam only if i had the money...and time

Old 07-09-2008, 02:50 PM
pcollins
Veteran

ORIGINAL: TheUsed801

TheUsed,
I only have 3 now, I had a lot more before, but the picture in my sig is current. I have two neon tubes, one on the drivers side and passengers side mounted with zip ties, and I put the one in my instrument panel because I had lights burned out. Instrument panel is pretty easy, just go to Auto Zone and get like a 12 inch LED strip, take your cluster out, disassemble it, and stick it in there. Everything's wired up behind the dash to my cigarette lighter/starter button.
Cool thanks for the info. I cant tell from your sig, but is that clear tubing with the blue LEDs in it? And I am assuming you didnt do anything to the existing LEDs in the dash circuit board? And finally, did you just splice into the cigarette lighter and feed the wire in from the LED strip?

Thanks

Old 07-09-2008, 02:59 PM
TheUsed801
Professional

Cool thanks for the info. I cant tell from your sig, but is that clear tubing with the blue LEDs in it? And I am assuming you didnt do anything to the existing LEDs in the dash circuit board? And finally, did you just splice into the cigarette lighter and feed the wire in from the LED strip?

Thanks
Nope, I don't have the cigarette lighter anymore. I removed that, and use the power/ground from it to run my starter button and all of my lights. And no, it's not tubing, it's about a 12 inch white LED strip with adhesive on the back of it.

Quick Reply: Just took out my middle seat...