3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Box Mod

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people say the hat is the most restrictive part of the intake. The actual filter housing looks pretty damn good and efficient to me, that's why I never messed with it. It's that accordian tubing and hemi hat that I'm concerned with. Does anyone have a pic of the insides of the hemi hat?

Severe, I never saw that pic before. It actually looks pretty damn, good. might buy it myself if the hat looks bad. Did it increase intake noise at all? and hell yes that trueflow is overpriced!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:26 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
people say the hat is the most restrictive part of the intake. The actual filter housing looks pretty damn good and efficient to me, that's why I never messed with it. It's that accordian tubing and hemi hat that I'm concerned with. Does anyone have a pic of the insides of the hemi hat?

Severe, I never saw that pic before. It actually looks pretty damn, good. might buy it myself if the hat looks bad. Did it increase intake noise at all? and hell yes that trueflow is overpriced!
Not much if any...definately nothing like if there was a cone filter on there. I love that MIT...it was cheap price wise, it's quick to remove, it looks good and it's CARB certed which I needed.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:53 PM
devildg84
Professional

Originally Posted by xfeejayx

i def noticed increase in noise when i took off the "hemi hat" not bad noise... actually makes my exhaust sound alot better... as for mpg not sure if it helped yet lol