3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

drowned engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ifucantdodgeitramit
I told them that there was a severe thundershower and within 2 hours there was at least 3 feet of water in the parking lot were my truck was parked. So I tried to do the smart thing and move my truck and in the process the truck stalled. My dealer is doing the evaluation as we speek and they confirmed that my HEMI did indeed drown. The insurance ok'ed the whole thing, and thats what really happened LOL!!!!
ya know it sucks when stupid asses do things like this. You are committing insurance fraud and are one of the reasons why insurance premiums are out the *** nowadays. I'll be quite honest If I had a way to get your personal information I would send this to your insurance company. I don't have a problem with you being stupid but being a lying sack ofcrap is totally your control. you can think i'm being mean but I could care less. you may have been born a retard but you weren't born a liar. You sir are a....
douche

Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Ben D.
Champion

I know I know bad etiquette double post lol. this is a very tempting hotline to call.... the National Insurance Crime Bureau... sad thing is technically all law abiding citizens should call this number and report this mainly because mister genious admitted to a crime to the entire internet community if we don't report then in a way we are just as bad..... If you want eh number I don't want to copy and past copyright laws and such. IDK if that applies here but just to be safe. just google National Insurance Crime Bureau.

IF YOU HATE HIGH INSURANCE RATES THEN THIS GUY IS ONE OF THE REASONS WHY

Old 08-06-2008, 01:51 AM
mmstar23
Champion

you guys are a bunch of ********. i mean, sure what hes doing isn right, and ya he made a stupid mistake, but havent we all? what are you gonna crucify him for make an insurance claim? jesus man, i seriously cant believe you would consider reporting this. but hey, whatever, i guess thats a conflict with your morals. i was gonna keep my mouth shut, but it started to get to me..its ridiculous

Old 08-06-2008, 06:34 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, no mmstar23......................I don't agree with you at all!
This guy IS an idiot and then expects, the rest of us to bail him out.
Did he at any stage of tearing around the car park, in THREE FEET of water think, hmmmm I might be doing something wrong????
NO he didn't.
Just where is his common sense?
Yes, I live in the UK before you say anything.
But, we get this sort of thing over here as well and end up paying, for idiots mistakes.
Fess up, bite the bullet and pay for your own mistakes like a man Ifucantdodgeitramit!
What your doing IS fraudulent and morally wrong!
Al.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

This is a tough one, I've sat back and thought about what I might do in his situation. Yea, it was a stupid move and completely his fault. But I'm not sure if it was me I wouldn't do the same thing. My first thought was to agree that the guy is being kinda an *** for putting in a claim to bail him out of his own stupidity. But I put myself in his place.
Personally, I'm 41 years old, been paying auto insurance premiums for 25 years now, as much as $2500 a year and never less than $1200 a year. That's a lot of cash out and I'VE NEVER MADE A CLAIM on my insurance. The only time I've ever received a payout is when my ex wife was hit by someone about twelve years ago. A fender bender where the repair was about $2500 and the other person's insurance paid.
The only time I've ever inquired about a claim was when my ex hit a buzzard (of all things) and did quite a bit of cosmetic front end damage to her Nissan Altima in about 1993. The damage was limited to mostly plastic parts and the repair estimate was about $900 (which was a deal, a buddy with an auto paint business said he'd order the parts and not charge for the labor if I took him fishing at some of my "secret spots"). I called the insurance company and was told that I had a $500 deductable and if I put through this claim, my rates would go up 20%. Pissed me off big time and I paid for the repair out of pocket. I could (and should) have to pay the deductable, but to be told that if I put through a claim for the lousy $400 over the deductable that my rates would go up! That's borderline criminal!
I've had a few little "accidents" off road, including a bad run-in with an unseen tree stump a few years back and never considered trying an insurance claim for the repairs and I'm not gonna deny that his claim is a little bogus. I fully understand the "my rates are what they are because of guys like you" rants, but I can't really blame the guy. I am not sure what I'd do in his situation and it's possible that I'd do the same thing.

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-06-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:32 PM
kutz420
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call a hotline? ****ing high and mighty snitches. He can have my money for the last 16 yrs of payments. The real crooks are the INSURANCE COMPANYS. Douches.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of himself without that law is both. "LoG"

Old 08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

LMAO. Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!

Yea, so often I wished I could just take insurance money and put it in a bank and just show proof of sufficient bank account balance if anything happened. The insurance companies always come out ahead, that's how they work.

What Ben is ranting about is that because people like this make claims that shouldn't be claims, Ben (and you, and I) have to pay more for insurance. Hes just one guy fighting the system one way, and Ben trying to fight another. But we can fight back all we want. Winner...State Farm and friends.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:50 PM
Ifucantdodgeitramit

Hey, Ben D, I feel your love but are them fighting words son?????

I am not trying to fraud my insurance, you'r forgeting that I found my truck in a parking lot with 3 feet of water in it, I simply tried to make the best out of a crappy situation. !!!!!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 PM
ce2flaco
Veteran

This is getting good.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Foiled
Veteran

Originally Posted by Ifucantdodgeitramit
Hey, Ben D, I feel your love but are them fighting words son?????

I am not trying to fraud my insurance, you'r forgeting that I found my truck in a parking lot with 3 feet of water in it, I simply tried to make the best out of a crappy situation. !!!!!!!

You have been caught in a lie now and you even went back to edit your first post to cover it up. That is why I quoted you. My first reply shows that you said you was,

Originally Posted by Ifucantdodgeitramit View Post
I was ****ing arround in a parking lot after a severe thunder shower and there was about 3 feet of water in the lot. I was going back and forth through the water as fast as I could and then my truck stalled. 24 hours later my truck is still there and it does not want to start. Any ideas why

Insurance is for accidents, not for when you screw up your truck and need it fixed.

Quick Reply: drowned engine