3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OEM Fog Lamp Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 09:47 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depends on your dealer. Mine was done for free. But i go there for alot and they are decent ppl running the place. They still believe in customer service.

Old 09-09-2008, 07:12 PM
tcflint
Exclamation

Originally Posted by rssjib
I found the light kit on line and it included the install instructions in .pdf form. I checked them out and it has the instructions for the Star Scan thing or whatever......it appears that it would take approx 30 seconds to do what is required.....

but the dealer will probably charge an hour......ouch.
Maybe 30 seconds for just the Starscan enabling, but the download and I guess reflash of the computer is longer. I think that is the part we really need to know!

Old 09-10-2008, 07:03 PM
tcflint
Default Success

Originally Posted by tcflint
Maybe 30 seconds for just the Starscan enabling, but the download and I guess reflash of the computer is longer. I think that is the part we really need to know!

Good news for me...Went to the local dealer today, talked to a nice mechanic that didn't feel comfortable doing a "side job", referred me to his boss and he plugged on the wireless half of the scan tool to the truck, went in to the shop loaded the program (had to do this twice(crazy laptop)) and in a few clicks enabled the lights.
He wouldn't take any money and I was out of there in about 15 minutes TOTAL!

Oh yeah, the bonus, he left it set on "export" giving me fog lights with high beam also

It was a great experience, I wish all dealers were as helpful!

Unless someone can tell me different this "downloading" from Chrysler and reflashing is a bunch of BS.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:34 PM
blyttle72
Amateur

I ordered my fog lights today. While I was at it a order a set of full rear fender liners as well. I hope I have good luck with my dealer.

later

Old 09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

I have not ordered my official mopar fogs but I did get some driving lights to put behind the grill. they will be wired up direct so I can use them whenever. I will post pics later. I do still intend to get the fogs as well, but may use an aftermarket brand.

Old 09-20-2008, 05:47 PM
blyttle72
Amateur

I installed my lights yesterday with some help from my 3 year old. It was an easy install. The dealer had to activate them. I had it done today while I had my oil changed. They look good and I am happy with them. Very easy upgrade.

later

Old 09-20-2008, 09:52 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Did the dealer charge you?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:11 PM
blyttle72
Amateur

Yes he did. I tried to get it for free but no dice. I was already there getting a free oil change anyway. It cost me 20 bucks.
On a side note, they stay on even when the brite lights are on.

Thanks for the all of the info.

Quick Reply: OEM Fog Lamp Kit