3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My brand new pioneer deck just stoped working!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 11:31 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Never mind, if I can't say anything nice, I won't say anything at all

Old 09-07-2008, 12:24 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the deck and the fuse dose not appear to be blown. How do I locate the fuse box in the truck?

Thanks

Old 09-07-2008, 04:48 PM
FFMedic1479
All Star

Hey. If your fuse isn't blown it is probably the gound wire you said you taped to the metal of the deck. First, if it worked at all, it was a fluke that something was making contact. The metal around the head unit is usually secured into plastic. Plastic doesn't conduct electricity too well and that wire needs to be extended to a solid, metal surface (direct contact to the metal, no paint), something that has contact all the way from the body to the frame to the suspension to the ground. Second, wire butt connectors are ok, but soldering makes a better connection that you don't have to worry about working itsway loose

Old 09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran

Thanks medic.. The only reason I ask about the fuse box in the truck is, when I turn the truck off now the dimmer lights don't stay on. when I turn the ignition key off everything just shuts down, even the headlights don't stay on for 15 seconds like they did before. thats why I was asking cus I think I coulda blown the fuse inside the truck.

Quick Reply: My brand new pioneer deck just stoped working!