3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The Throttle/Idle Nightmare! Help please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:56 PM
FrostKing
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There have also been problems with cracked intake manifolds and cracked vacuum lines to the fuel tank that also cause the same symptoms. (both plastic)

Old 09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
6 hemi ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a tahoe that seemed to do what yours is doing, turnedout to be a clogged fuel filter. replaced that and it was good as new. didnt notice that being addressed yet. good luck.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
GirlTruck

No the fuel filter was not mentioned yet, the only thing done with the fuel was the fuel injector system cleaning. I got the call yesterday from the dealership and they said it was done. Being the skeptic I am I asked them to drive it again for me before I get all the way there and find out it is still not fixed. I didn't ask them exactly what more they touched but the service advisor mentioned along with the APP sensor the Bell Crank was also replaced. He said he drove it again and it ran fine, but they are keeping it one more day for me (Day 5, not including the weekend), and will drive it a couple more times to make sure. I haven't heard anything from them yet today.

I sure hope we are getting there!! But if not I will suggest all of these things AGAIN...will keep everyone posted!

Old 09-14-2008, 10:16 PM
GirlTruck

Well, I think my nightmare is finally over!! I got my truck back on Friday (9 days later), and so far it seems to be back to normal. I really hope no one has to go through this for as long as I did. I will say the dealership didn't charge me for anything after the original $400. So it could have been worse!

Here's how it played out:
Early in the week they replaced the whole throttle body, bell crank-accelerator, and APP sensor. Road tested a few times, the 5th time problems occurred again. On Friday they replaced the O2 sensor up and down stream (don't know if this was one of the sensors they replaced at the 60K check). They road tested a few times and it was ok. I have driven it all weekend and it seems fine!

I just keep my fingers crossed that it really is fixed and I don't need to go through this again!!
Thanks everyone for the help!!

Quick Reply: The Throttle/Idle Nightmare! Help please!