3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP!!!! I've lost 2 MPG!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 PM
BEAR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigbody
alot of the gas companys are using the 10% ethanol now and that does make a huge difference i tried using it since i could use the 87 instead of 89 because of the ethanol in it and i saw a difference of about -3mpg so i would say check the pump and see if thats what you are getting now, I'm from the south so there is no winter gas here so i can't comment on that.
I agree with BIGBODY. My GOAT don't care much for the 10% stuff. I saw the same difference he did running it. I went to the 100% gasoline and got an increase in milage,and this may be in my head but I think my truck runs better on it. And I am also from the south so I can't speak on the Summer/ Winter blend.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Cappy

Feeling the drop here aswell and it's the reason I'm checking in. Damn ticking noise got loader too.

Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM
UP_Boilermaker
Professional

RVP change in gasoline took effect a few weeks ago here in Detroit. While there may be a loss in MPG due to that, I see a more dramatic loss due to the temp change in the weather. Colder weather = denser air = more tightly packed oxygen molecules = more fuel required to keep the Air/Fuel ratio correct.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:39 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

WOW, fall just started and they are already using the crappy winter blend? That's crazy.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:21 AM
ivaskaj
Veteran

3 words... winter blend gas. **** the EPA and those pinko tree hugging *** clowns, they all need to die a slow horrible death.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:26 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by ivaskaj
3 words... winter blend gas. **** the EPA and those pinko tree hugging *** clowns, they all need to die a slow horrible death.
??

winter blend is to give you a more volatile fuel so you don't have trouble starting when it's colder outside.

Quick Reply: HELP!!!! I've lost 2 MPG!!!!