3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Lemon and Chrysler Refuses to Deal with Me

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:40 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1. You need a new service dealer, which it appears you have already figured out.

2. There are PLENTY of 08 Rams left if you can get Chrysler to bite on a new truck.

Honestly, a certified written letter from a lawyer stating the actions that will be taken is just about as good as an actual full blown law suit, and costs MUCH less.

I would also PM Parts/Service. He may have some better numbers for you to call.

Old 10-11-2008, 06:12 AM
CliffB
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm waiting for a court date for issues with my Nitro. My advice is do yourself a big favor and let a lawyer deal with them. Trying to deal with customer care is a joke, whether its India or Auburn Hills you'll get nowhere on your own. Lemon law takes time but I believe its worth it. Good Luck.

Old 10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
devildg84
Professional

i didnt think the lemon law came into effect till the warrenty ran out... thats what i was told when i had my 03 grand am gt in the shop 29 times in a 9 month period... and there was mult. problems i had it in for more then 3 times to have fixed and i was getting to the point of calling a lawyer... idk if it was lucky or not but i had an accident with it a week after totaling the car so i got out of that thing... i will never own another pontiac again. love my ram now, i have had one major fix done to it on the transmission but other then that its been good to me and its up to about 41000 miles on her.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:09 AM
CrawfishStu
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Update

It's hard to tell where it left off here but my ram has now been in the shop 7 times. 4k on the clock. Finally, chrysler tried to deal with me on a buy back. What a joke. I lose $1000 on a truck that never functioned correctly and now they can't find an 08 that matches my truck. I can pay more to upgrade or take a lesser truck or I can pay more for an 09 that is the exact truck that mine is. I offered to move to an 09 but would not pay the difference between my truck and the same truck in an 09. It's not my fault they took so long to do everything. I also decided to upgrade a little since I have to order a truck. In the end what I expected was to lose $1000 on my truck and add $2500 to get the truck that I want in an 09.

They call me up today to tell me that they ordered my truck and that the difference in what they are giving me is $4000. I say that that's not right. It should be $2500. We worked all of this out before. I call the mediation company to talk to them about it. The same woman that I have had to deal with all the time.....acts like this is one of the first times I've talked to her. I have to explain it again. She's like...you want Chrysler to pay the $4000. No, I want Chrysler to pay the $1500. She still doesn't get it. All I freaking want from them is to give me what it costs to replace my truck with the same truck in an 09 model minus $1000 that I'm losing on a freaking truck that never even worked correctly and I'm willing to pay the $2500 difference in cash. I'm willing to lose money....and then give them more money and be happy about it. She says that she has to call them. She does. She calls me back and tells me that they said no. They are only willing to give me the msrp of my truck now even though they can't get that truck replaced for that amount. That's my line. I don't think I'm unreasonable. I tell her that's unacceptable. She tells me that if I don't accept their offer then she is going to close the case and I'll have to figure out a different way to do it. Over $1500. They are suposed to be mediators. If all you do is tell me what Chrysler's policy is and you only negotiate one way.....you are not a mediator. If this is Chrysler's policy that is set in stone.....what do I need this mediation company for.

I'm now feeling like I'm going to be stuck with this truck and since I got it back the last time I have just not used 4x4. I go out to leave work and put my truck into 4x4.......it breaks again. They still haven't fixed this one. The lights die, wipers die, airbag light comes on.

I'm pissed. I call the dealer and tell him about it. He calls the mediator and calls me back. He says that he doesn't understand what the problem is. Why do I want them to pay $4000? What the hell? This woman can't even explain it right. I explain it.....again and he says that he really can't do anything. I ask him why the hell did I bother using a dealer if they have no power to do anything. I tell him to pick up the phone and call the owner. I want him to know exactly what is going on and for him to know that $1500 is what lies between this being fixed...done...and over with. $1500 is what stands between the end of this story being "Tate and Chrysler finally did what was right and took care of me and made sure I was happy" and not "Tate and Chrysler screwed me over and over. Don't go to Chrysler." $1500 is the difference between a satisfied customer that had an issue and an angry wife in the showroom for months to come. I told him to go find the owner.....and tell him that $1500 was about to start a nightmare of customer relations. I told him it was time for the dealer to step up and either fix $1500 or pay it.

The ball's in their court. Next time.....I'm going to want them to pay the $4000 and they can try to use my mediation service to talk me down.

Anyone want to call a dealer and tell them why they will never buy a vehicle there? Anyone want to tell them that anytime they hear about someone getting ready to buy a dodge, what they are going to tell them?

Old 11-06-2008, 02:13 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

Pay the 4 grand and move on with your life. Trust me, this isn't worth it. I had the EXACT same problem with a Chrysler Town and Country. I finally decided it was just too unsafe for my family to be in and bit the bullet. You do not want to keep this truck as these electrical problems will never end once they start. pay the $4,000 and consider it a lesson learned. I don't know what the lesson is but it's the smart way to go.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:04 PM
Bones1274
Professional

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
Pay the 4 grand and move on with your life. Trust me, this isn't worth it. I had the EXACT same problem with a Chrysler Town and Country. I finally decided it was just too unsafe for my family to be in and bit the bullet. You do not want to keep this truck as these electrical problems will never end once they start. pay the $4,000 and consider it a lesson learned. I don't know what the lesson is but it's the smart way to go.
Screw that.
Tell them that you have messed around with them long enough and that they have 24 hours to make it right or you are calling your lawyer, followed by a call to every tv station and newspaper in your town. I guarantee they do not want that black eye in the media.

Old 11-06-2008, 06:46 PM
CrawfishStu
Professional

I'm not paying any more to them than what I already offered. The fact that most people would just crumble to their demands is why they feel they can treat people like this. I would rather lose a court case to them than give them any more than I already offered. I've called several media outlets and expect to have a newspaper article about their dealership. My worst case scenario is that I wind up with the truck that I wanted in the first place when they finally fix it. All it does is cost them money constantly.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM
sos
All Star

If you use a lawyer you are going to end up spending more than $4k. Plus when you entered into this you probably signed something saying you will use arbitration and waive the right to litigation. Check to make sure before making any threats of lawyers.

Personally, I'm not sure what I would do. It sounds like this is all they are going to offer you and it's basically take it or leave it. $4k is a lot of money, but really, if you don't take it, you'll probably end up with the truck you have and will constantly be upset about it. I guess you can look at it as you are trading in a truck that doesn't work well at all and getting a brand new 09 with extra features.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:16 PM
morepower29
Professional

I have an 07 ram qc 4x4 laramie. july of 2007 it was stolen and half assed burnt up. It took dodge 5 months to get my parts in and get it fixed. when I got it back It still wasn't right and had them make some corrections. when I got it back again it still wasn't right and I am still waiting on the parts. 15 months later. Lately I have been so pissed off I felt like driving it to the dealer handing them the keys and the payment book and leaving. If I knew it wouldn't f me that would have been done a long time ago.

Old 11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
CrawfishStu
Professional

Most of the lemon lawyers only charge you if you accept an offer and even then they negotiate with chrysler for it. In the end, I would rather throw away twice that knowing that it cost them the same if not more to defend themselves.

I went through their fake arbitration. It failed to resolve the situation. They basically wanted me to accept the offer or tell them I wanted to close the case.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Lemon and Chrysler Refuses to Deal with Me