3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:08 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Sirius with the Best of XM

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 06:11 PM
sos
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Sirius with the Best of XM

I heard about being able to add XM channels to Sirius today, so I went to my account to check it out. Turns out, our radios are not compatible with the added stations. I called and they informed me that I would have to buy a new radio that's compatible if I wanted to get them.
On top of that, the stations you can add cost an extra $4.04 a month, and consist of Oprah and Friends, NHL Home Ice, PGA Tour, XM Public Radio, The Virus (Opie & Anthony), and Sports Play by Play. There aren't even any more music stations, and so far I am pretty disappointed with the music stations on Sirius.
So I tried to search the forums for an answer to my question, but the search doesn't allow you to search for strings of two characters (like "XM"). If the selection doesn't improve by the end of my free trial, I'm probably going to switch over to XM if I continue to get a satellite radio subscription at all. Does anyone know if there's a way to connect an XM radio to the current antenna on our vehicles. I really don't want to have to install a new antenna since the one is already there. I don't really want a Mickey Mouse way of doing it either like cutting and taping together pieces of coax - I'm looking for a legit converter or something.

Old 10-15-2008, 06:43 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

I love my Sirius! Octane 20 and Howard 100 & 101.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Geed
Rookie

I've been a loooong time subscriber to XM and I was a little bummed to find out that Dodge had Sirius. I plan on keeping the free subscription and then decide if I will stay with it or go back to XM (I have a XM radio in my house and in my other car). Since they merged it would be really nice if they could just let you pick and choose between XM and Sirius every single channel you want instead of offering a package.

And they put Oprah in the "Best Of XM"...... hahahaha....

Old 10-15-2008, 09:37 PM
flwalks
Professional

I have XM in the wife's car and sirius in the truck. I love XM but lost NASCAR and NFL to sirius a couple of years ago. If I had a choice I would pick XM with the best of sirius added on for 4 bucks. My sirius ended this week and am going to get a second XM on the wife's account with the added sirius stations. XM with NHL, NFL, and NASCAR is the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Ben D.
Champion

Octane ftw

Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 PM
sos
All Star

My complaint with Sirius is they seem to have a very limited selection. I'm not a Howard fan, so that's out, and there's only a few music stations I like. They have only 1 current hits station that just repeats the countdown over and over. I have multiple stations on the regular radio that play current music and none of them repeat the same countdown all day long.

I'm with Geed in wanting to be able to choose stations from each, not be given the "opportunity" to listen to Oprah for an extra $4 a month. But of course that won't happen without new radios.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:13 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I like classic rock, so I listen to Classic Rewind, the Vault and the Hair Nation. I also enjoy Rawdog comedy!!
Sometimes the 70's and 80's channels 07 & 08 as well.

Quick Reply: Sirius with the Best of XM