3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Interior Squeaks and Clicks

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:30 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being a trucker i was half way accross the country but mama sent me pics of our house...nasty! Im on my way to billings tomorrow, will sleep in Balentine at exit 14 i think it is...stop by and ill buy you a beer we_the_unforgiven.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:37 AM
pcollins
Veteran

My girlfriend's Accord had the same problem with the window click. It would stop when lowered just a bit. We never had it checked out.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:35 AM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by semigod
Being a trucker i was half way accross the country but mama sent me pics of our house...nasty! Im on my way to billings tomorrow, will sleep in Balentine at exit 14 i think it is...stop by and ill buy you a beer we_the_unforgiven.
I'm quite a ways north of there otherwise I'd take you up on the offer. I send you a message next time I'm in ND

Old 11-16-2008, 02:31 PM
CoolChromeVanilla

I'll be taking the truck in on Monday for the seat creaking. I toyed around with how to replicate it and found that if I sit squarely in the seat, move side to side, when moving to the right the squeak occurs. On the clicks and the driver's side rattle, relieving the pressure on the windows causes both to stop.

I'll be sure to post when I figure out what it is. Thanks for all of your help everyone.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2006 2500HD that rides like a brick doesn't make any noises at all. I'm one of those guys that looks for rattles and squeaks.

Old 11-19-2008, 04:30 PM
CoolChromeVanilla

Hi all,

I went to the dealer yesterday and was allowed in the back as the technician took the door panel off. To remove the door panel, you must first remove the door handle with a torx bit, then remove the two visible screws (on the panel immediately underneath the door handle and the other on the top near the mirror), then two others which are on the very bottom of the door panel. IMPORTANT: Once these are removed, you grab the existing rubber handle on the door and pull straight up. Once this is done, you unclip the two connectors which connect to the door switches and voila - it's removed.

The disappointing part was that everything inside the door was rock solid. The scissor mechanism was solid when the window was up, and the rattle completely went away. The window regulator was solid as well and made no clicking noises. So, I am still at a loss as to what the rattling is. It could be the 6x9 speaker against the door panel. I may remove it, tape the wires to the door frame, reassemble the door and see if the rattle is still there. I will keep you posted on what I find.

To the creaking of the seat: the seat frame was defective. They have another one on order for me. They said they would transfer the seat cushions to the new frame and the problem should be fixed. We'll see.

Interesting side note...the dealer asked me what I drove prior to buying my Ram as I think they believe I am being too picky. I drove a Suburban before this with 150K miles, and it was rock solid inside. I found it funny they would ask that - so as to say that I need to simply live with it as "it's a truck, now a BMW!"

I'll keep you posted about the seat repairs, as well as if there's anything else I can find out about the rattles in the doors. Have a great day all.

-CCV

Old 11-19-2008, 10:02 PM
hemi v8

I had a rattle like yours in both my doors in my 2007. It drove me nuts. I thought at first it was the windows, but it wasn't. Around the door lock the oval piece that surrounds it was a little loose. What I did was I took a little piece of double sided 3M tape and slid it in between the door and the oval piece, this made it so it wouldn't rattle. Made a world of difference. I hope this helps.

Old 11-19-2008, 10:06 PM
hemi v8

By the way, my seat creaked too. It only does it when I have it all the way back. I moved it forward very slightly and this eliminated the creaking.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:17 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I figured ou tthe door panel removal in the dark while changing speakers. The rear ones are the same except do not have the upper, large screw.

Quick Reply: Interior Squeaks and Clicks