3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

through-the-body exhaust - anyone do this?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008 | 02:51 PM
meridian
Professional

Stacks are for rigs or hillbilliy rednecks with small manhoods and delusions of being a truck driver! They are dangerous! I had to extinguish my bosses son's Ram when it burst into flames after his plastic toolbox hit the stacks!!!! His truck was engulfed and he got three degree burns on his neck and the back of his head! He is lucky to be alive! Plus myself and three other co workers had to risk our lives getting him out and putting his truck out before the fuel tank had a chance to explode!!! Insurance companies hate them for the afformentioned reason and it destroys the resale value of your truck unless you sell it to a banjo playing retard in Deliverance country! As for the through body exhaust, the choice is yours. I think they look ok but to me not worth the hassle for something hardly anyone will notice.

P.S. Nearly forgot! Stacks on a Ram run up in between the cab and the fuel tank!!! Now, how smart is that!?!?!?! Who ever came up with that idea deserves a mention in the Darwin awards!

Last edited by meridian; 12-06-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 12-06-2008 | 09:58 PM
kx250frider617
Record Breaker

Y not just cut the exhaust after the rear axle right when it starts to bend to the side. Thats what I did so You can't even see the pipe at all.

Old 12-06-2008 | 11:09 PM
meridian
Professional

Originally Posted by kx250frider617
Y not just cut the exhaust after the rear axle right when it starts to bend to the side. Thats what I did so You can't even see the pipe at all.
Unfortunately this can lead to exhaust gases collecting under the vehicle and entering the cab knocking you out! Bad idea. This is why it was made illegal in Europe as people were dying from it! It's been better now since catalitic converters and unleaded fuel was introduced. Now instead of dying from carbon momoxide poisoning you wake up after the accident with a bad head ache!

Quick Reply: through-the-body exhaust - anyone do this?