3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: Do U think there's enough info on this site that can answer 99% of the ?'s
Nope, the first page is the only hope for all answers
6.90%
Everyone's just too lazy including myself
17.24%
I think everyone needs to do more searches
34.48%
99% umm no but there's enough info for more than 50% of new posts aquired daily
41.38%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

does anyone go past the first page to get answers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 10:53 PM
rbrumm
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I understand that...I always feel on an old thread that no one will read any more so why add anything else...it does make sense, but sometimes it would be nice to hear how things worked out.

Old 11-23-2008, 11:15 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have been an active member on a number of different forums. and it seems that no matter where you go, or what subject is being discussed there is always that newb posting the same things over and over, and there are the veteran posters complaining about the same questions being asked. its just the nature of the beast of being on an internet forum.

The best solution for the problem that I have seen so far was on an xbox modding forum. they had a newbie section. then they had the rest of the forum broken down into more technical subcategories ie: hardware, software, games, etc.. but the newbie questions were restricted to the newbie area. It had a sticky for each commonly asked question. But the way it was all broken down like that promoted searching through the rest of the areas before posting, and without all the newb questions in the technical areas you could do much more productive searches with much more pure info.

thats just my opinion, take it or leave it.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:40 AM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

yeah but u may go to a old thread and u may have a question and no one will answer it cause its so far back so u need to make a new thread

Old 11-24-2008, 04:02 PM
osufans
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree to both sides of this argument....for one, I usually try to do a search first, but sometimes the threads are dead or don't cover all the information I'm looking for.

And as mentioned before, it's just as lazy to tell someone to do a search and not answer, as it is to ask the same questions over and over again without looking.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:13 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

What's the best intake?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:42 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

I'm a newbie but I still read all of the posts just because I've noticed that the threads move around in order quite a bit. Besides I like to read what everyone has to say.

Old 11-25-2008, 07:01 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

perhaps for new members
until they have posted say ... ten times
a short & sweet instruction
on how to use Search
could be inserted between the posts they read
or at top of page before first post,
etc

Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 AM
Brent Thomann

Originally Posted by AIR RAM
While I agree searching is a great feature and
I think the ones that are lazy are the ones to tell somone to do a search instead of answering the question.... Not only is that lazy but it is rude.
I agree!

Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Like i have a question about wheel spacers and i've been through like 5 pages of just wheel spacer questions and cant find the answere, so do i not make a new post about it or just keep searching?

Old 11-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

here's the thing there r 31 pages to look through for a specific answer and if by chance u find it it may not be ur exact problem as a noob i think what u should do is have sub menus like u do for each generation of truck so u could go to 3 gen rams then there would be sections like performance,interior,exterior,wheels,tires,problem s each with its own sub-menu so like problems menu would then have different commonly ask questions like the lsd units, power steering, touble codes then it would have every forum on that topic so there may be 5 pages instead of 31 and u could do this with each

Quick Reply: does anyone go past the first page to get answers?