3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

getting leveling lift for a 08 4x4 1500 any personal expericences? and nerf bars?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Blderman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben D.
two totally different scenarios right there bud. a roof leak is nothing like just a shudder in a vehicles front end. that's something that is hard to find and can take time. it's like trying to find an needle in a friggin haystack. i'm just sick and tired of people complaining like a vehicle should never break and that every time something makes some sorta weird glitch that someone should be able to tell you exaclty what's wrong, why it went wrong, and how to fix it. it doesn't happen that way bro. they don't call it troubleshooting without a reason.

I'm afraid the scenarios aren't any different at all. Buildings that have multiple dormers, parapet caps, shed roofs etc can make in nearly impossible to find the source of a leak. But my company would tear the whole roof off if necessary to find the problem. Dodge isn't trouble shooting this, they're telling everyone it's normal.....that's what ticks me off. I called me dealer the first week I had the truck and they said "oh yours does that too, that sucks that Dodge can't fix it." Trust me I don't like complaining either, I get enough of it from my kids! The fact is when a manufacturer knows there is a problem and chooses to ignore it, it's very frustrating.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 PM
txj
Rookie

Originally Posted by ****yhern
hey txj how many miles on that truck??? reason i ask is because while reading another shimmy thread i realized something. i had a shimmy when i had the stock tires and began at about 10k miles. they had flat spots in them due to not rotating them often and had an annoying vibration and sound as well as a shimmy when stopping at highway speeds. i dont know if this is the same problem you guys speak of but as soon as i got new tires it didnt do it anymore. those stock goodyears are junk and need to be rotated just about every oil change. i dealt with that annoying vibration for 30k miles and as soon as the new tires wer on problem fixed. it may be a different feeling. take a good look at your tires and see if there are any flat spots on the treads ( some tread higher than other treads)

about 7k... but i have the tires rotated with every oil change. the shudder is not from the front end, it's under the cab and makes the entire truck shake. i'll ask the dealer about the tires.

Old 12-03-2008, 01:18 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by txj
about 7k... but i have the tires rotated with every oil change. the shudder is not from the front end, it's under the cab and makes the entire truck shake. i'll ask the dealer about the tires.
Ever had anybody check your driveshaft to see if it's balanced?

Old 12-03-2008, 02:33 PM
txj
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Ever had anybody check your driveshaft to see if it's balanced?
the dealer initially told me that the front driveshaft was bent. they replaced it (suposedly) with a new one. nothing changed after that. so they indexed it and it made a slight change but nothing substantial.

I have to call them now to see how they are making out, I'll ask them about having it balanced if they have not figured the problem out yet.

update: just talked to the service manager, who said that the mechanic was on the road test with my truck now. However, he said he closed out my case with Chrysler stating that the the truck is within normal operating conditions.

Then he went on to explain to me that 1. tires in slippery conditions do not spin at the same rate... and 2. the new transfer cases are not like my old 2001 - that the new ones are "fully locking" and contain no "viscious disk" sp?, which would allow for tires not being able to slip on hard pack terrain... And that on hard pack, non-slippery conditions, the transfer case does not allow any slippage so if the tires don't slip the transfer case will shudder.

In slippery conditions, tires slip keeping the transfer case from binding. therefor the shudder should not occur.

whatever!!!! I hate this GD truck. I told him to let me know if the 2500 have this problem because I don't want this POS 1500 any more.

Last edited by txj; 12-03-2008 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:36 AM
txj
Rookie

Well, it seems nothing is going to be done about this problem... Dodge, not that they care, just lost a very long time loyal customer in me.

I'm going today to talk to a Ford dealership about trading into a Ford F250 SD 4x4 Diesel.

Dodge can go bankrupt for all I care, if this is how they handle problems.

The're fighting for cash right now and don’t care about anything else. Bastards, they only care about themselves. They bought that company for nothing and now are crying the blues about going broke. Dialmer sold it cause they were losing money, what do you expect! Now they are screwing their customer base, that company is done, id be surprised to see them make it another year.

asswads!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:06 AM
TANKZ400
All Star

Let me know how you make out on that trade!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 PM
LinerJoe
Veteran

Originally Posted by txj
Well, it seems nothing is going to be done about this problem... Dodge, not that they care, just lost a very long time loyal customer in me.

I'm going today to talk to a Ford dealership about trading into a Ford F250 SD 4x4 Diesel.

Dodge can go bankrupt for all I care, if this is how they handle problems.

The're fighting for cash right now and don’t care about anything else. Bastards, they only care about themselves. They bought that company for nothing and now are crying the blues about going broke. Dialmer sold it cause they were losing money, what do you expect! Now they are screwing their customer base, that company is done, id be surprised to see them make it another year.

asswads!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am truly sorry to hear about your issues. It is EXACTLY how Ford treated me in regards to my Mustang. It was a known issue (fueling the car). The dealer even acknowledged the problem, but they said that it's within spec and Ford wouldn't do anything about it. I ended up escalating it to a VP level within customer care (who don't care) and was told "we'll put your name on a list and we ever fix it, we'll call you." So I hope Ford treats you better than Dodge has, and I hope they treat you better than they treated me. A lot of people have stories like that of the different manufacturers. I have owned 3 new Fords (heck, I bought 2 new Mustangs in 2 years, and a new Ford explorer 3 years before that), but I will never own another because of the way I was treated. It sounds just like you.

The grass is always greener on the other side. BTW, thanks for the leveling kit, it arrived today.

joe

Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

If the grass is always greener on the other side than you should probably start watering your own!

Old 12-06-2008, 07:56 AM
txj
Rookie

LOL

I was happy to vent and get that out. at the end of the day, having now owned 4 dodge rams, and having problems with just one, I'm still a dodge guy at heart.

I stepped up my actions to corporate on this one... so let's see how this goes now.

I'll keep you posted, but prefer not to discuss my actions until i see what resolution this comes too.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:26 AM
TANKZ400
All Star

Did you read my post might be some thing to look into.

Quick Reply: getting leveling lift for a 08 4x4 1500 any personal expericences? and nerf bars?