3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking to lift and add 38's

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:04 AM
Ridinhigh
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TANKZ400
The main thing that looks like crap is your steps they look like they are 6 inchs from your body. Thats my bigest issue that I think is holding me back from getting a body lift.
Look like crap it looks perfect his truck looks like it actuall needs and uses the step why put a step bar that is 1" from the truck that you will never use everything you put on your truck should have some sort of usability feature to it and i love how a body lift looks side by side you could not tell if one had a suspension or body lift great truck nitto money well spent looking to do mine the same way with out the add a leaf tho

Old 12-22-2008, 09:09 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridinhigh
Look like crap it looks perfect his truck looks like it actuall needs and uses the step why put a step bar that is 1" from the truck that you will never use everything you put on your truck should have some sort of usability feature to it and i love how a body lift looks side by side you could not tell if one had a suspension or body lift great truck nitto money well spent looking to do mine the same way with out the add a leaf tho
Thanks, Nicely put. I do use it every time I get into my truck! The add-a-leaf was simply because I haul a lot of heavy stuff in the bed and I didn't want the pre runner look when I do haul stuff.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:30 AM
TANKZ400
All Star

The truck looks good dont get me wrong.

You say that you cant tell the difference between the suspension lift and body do you not see the frame in the pic?

Old 12-22-2008, 08:16 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

The truck looks good dont get me wrong.

You say that you cant tell the difference between the suspension lift and body do you not see the frame in the pic?
I NEVER said that!! I just said Dodge trucks look WAY better then Chevy or Ford with a body lift! My friend has a 3" body lift of a chevy and it sticks down twice as far as mine!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:23 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Dodgenitto I never said you did but this guy did

The main thing that looks like crap is your steps they look like they are 6 inchs from your body. Thats my bigest issue that I think is holding me back from getting a body lift.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:23 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

do you see the frame in this pic? I understand what you are saying though. And I am in no way saying that you can't see mine. because you can! But it is not that bad. Heck some trucks are lifted so high you can see the entire underside.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:25 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Dodgenitto I never said you did but this guy did

Gotcha! Your truck looks great! I love black trucks!

Old 12-22-2008, 08:41 PM
cramerica
Record Breaker

Dodgenitto, that thing is a beast. Those mirrors could probably clear the roof of my Dak

An old high school friend of mine was around this weekend, with his last-gen F150 4x4. 6" suspension, 3" body lift, and 38's on 20's. Enormous. Almost cartoonish. The proportions of Nitto's truck are much better. And as he pulled out of the driveway, the power steering pump was wailing for mercy, trying to heave those huge tires around with all the whacked out front end geometry. His CV's were also at an extreme angle.

Sure was big though

Old 12-22-2008, 09:12 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Yeah you cant see it in that pics at all. I just sold my mudd bog truck that had 12" of lift and you could see the frame deff, but I guess I've never seen a dodge in person with a body lift just Chevys and fords maybe if i see one in person it will change my mind.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:15 PM
jankerson
Professional

Yeah you cant see it in that pics at all. I just sold my mudd bog truck that had 12" of lift and you could see the frame deff, but I guess I've never seen a dodge in person with a body lift just Chevys and fords maybe if i see one in person it will change my mind.

Yeah exactly.

Quick Reply: Looking to lift and add 38's