3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

p----d off in illinois (leaking oil)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:34 PM
pipelinewelder20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry p----d off in illinois (leaking oil)

so my girl for a early christmas gift, goes and gets oil and a filter (royal purple and k n filter) and takes my 05 ram to the local quickie oil change place while i am out of town working and gets a service done on my truck, so tonight when i get in off the road its the usual routine walk in the house,kiss the dogs,kick the ol lady and go to the garage and check on my truck. fire my truck up because i have missed that beatifull music, pull it outside and what is this WTF big flippin pile of oil underneath my truck and all on the undercarraige of my truck. looks like the filter isnt tight and i am down a quart of oil in about 25 miles. so a-file for divorce at 7 a.m. citing wife took liberties with my truck and b. go to the quickie lube where i chew *** and they fix my truck( now i am not by no means a ufc champion, but i am 6'4' and 300 pounds of ex-semi pro football player and believe me they are gonna take care of my truck first thing)---------------------sorry guys just venting

Old 12-30-2008, 10:37 PM
Hoss356
Captain

...and then?

Old 12-30-2008, 10:39 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yea, sounds like it's the filter by where you have oil. Hope they didn't cross thread it. BTW: Was in my local Auto Parts store yesterday, RP was up $1.20 a Qt. from what it was when I bought it for my truck in Sept. - NOT GOOD!!!

Old 12-31-2008, 01:18 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

They probably didn't clean the surface off before they put the filter on. Possibly the old filter gasket got stuck to the surface. It's happened many times!
Their gonna deny anything because they didn't sell you the product.
Ohh. I'd never have to go through with all that nonsense because my wife would never even move my truck or go in it without first calling me. She's afraid she'll get in trouble....lol She's suck a good house wife...lmao i tell her it all the time!

Last edited by dirtydog; 12-31-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:44 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I was with my ex for 14 years, had 4x4 pickups for 11 of them - all three lifted. She was so intimidated by them I can only remember one time she drove more than just moving it in the driveway. Cool thing was, the three of those years I didn't have a truck, my vehicle was a short wheel-based 4x4 SUV with a stick. She couldn't drive it and wouldn't let me teach her...

Old 01-02-2009, 04:46 AM
pipelinewelder20
Thumbs up finally a break

today on new years day the lube shop sent a tech out who changed my oil and filter again at no cost to me, cleaned up my garage floor and wiped up all the oil from the underneath my truck, turns out they didnt get the old gasket off,this all went on with me watching over like a hawk, just goes to prove the good lord drives a hemi too oh and i am still married

Old 01-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Ben D.
Champion

she better be doign something to make up for the trouble....

Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I can't even get my wife to vacuum out here 4 month old car. Get the oil changed? Forget it!!!

Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pipelinewelder20
today on new years day the lube shop sent a tech out who changed my oil and filter again at no cost to me, cleaned up my garage floor and wiped up all the oil from the underneath my truck, turns out they didnt get the old gasket off,this all went on with me watching over like a hawk, just goes to prove the good lord drives a hemi too oh and i am still married
I figured as much as already stated. This is where I need to make up a Smiley where it is patting itself on the back....lmao I do that quite frequently...hahahahahahahaaa

Quick Reply: p----d off in illinois (leaking oil)