3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water getting inside the cab and a couple other problems...

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:44 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water getting inside the cab and a couple other problems...

Has anyone else had this problem? Three weeks ago, when it was actually raining in San Diego, (Yes, RAIN in San Diego) I got into my truck after class and noticed that water has leaked into my cab through the top of my back window. Not sure how to explain it any better.

My window problem is the rubber, where the window goes into it's little hiding place when rolled down, rolls down with the window. There's that rubber on the outside that's viewable from the outside, but between that and the window there's the rubber of which I'm talking about.

My driver's seat always squeaks when I go over a bump and bounce on the seat. I have a fighters build at 6'1" 225 lbs. It may be my weight, but it seems too soon for my truck to start squeaking like so...

Conclusion:
The day it was raining and the water leaked into my cab, I went straight to the dealer so they wouldn't dick me around. I didn't have time that day because I stopped by between classes. Since Christmas and New Year's filled in the last two weeks, I didn't have time to stop by again. He said I needed a pressurized water test to see what the problem is. He made it seem like it was my fault... Heh, imagine that! Anywho, I'm gonna go to the dealer Monday to get all this squared away.

Anyone else have any of these problems?

Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

yeah i started having this problem a few weeks ago on my 06. havent really looked into yet as im not worried about water. I can see its coming in right above the window behind the 3rd brake light. im thinking i need to just take headliner out and thrid brake light and silicone it. let me know what the dealer says. i dont dare let them tough mine or else i wont see it for a while. i cannot stand letting some dumbass touch my truck haha. i have trust issues with anyone but me touching it.....

Old 01-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Scorpio_08_HEMI
Rookie

Originally Posted by nickahern1
yeah i started having this problem a few weeks ago on my 06. havent really looked into yet as im not worried about water. I can see its coming in right above the window behind the 3rd brake light. im thinking i need to just take headliner out and thrid brake light and silicone it. let me know what the dealer says. i dont dare let them tough mine or else i wont see it for a while. i cannot stand letting some dumbass touch my truck haha. i have trust issues with anyone but me touching it.....
Me too ! Like a greasy *** mechanic leaving oil residue on the steering wheel and grease streaks on the kick plates and door panel. Most of these dip****s have no respect for someone elses property. Why do dealers not have a valet take vehicles to the service area ? I tell the service manager not to allow this but most of the time it does. Then I am forced to FLIP the **** out on him and use another dealer. 5 Star my *** !

Last edited by Scorpio_08_HEMI; 01-02-2009 at 07:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:42 PM
devildg84
Professional

i have the same problem with the leak... i think its the 3rd brake light leaking though... i havnt looked too much into it yet but i was thinking of getting some sylicone and sealing it up back there... if thats not the problem then i think i need a new back window lol

Old 01-02-2009, 09:23 PM
jif102
Amateur

I have the same leak. I have a 06 Quad Cab with sliding rear window. I was getting water running down the rear window. It was dead center of the truck. I took it back to the dealer and they put a new gasket in the brake light. I did not get any water in for a little while. When the temperature is right and raining right it comes back. I used clear silicone caulk and filled in all the cracks around the brake light. That worked for a little while. I leaked again the other day. It is a pain. I traced the leak up under the head liner.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:01 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by HighDuke1911
Has anyone else had this problem?

My driver's seat always squeaks when I go over a bump and bounce on the seat. I have a fighters build at 6'1" 225 lbs. It may be my weight, but it seems too soon for my truck to start squeaking like so...

Anyone else have any of these problems?
I have an eaters build @ 6'1" 228lbs

Old 01-03-2009, 01:23 AM
j54custom
Professional

Ya I have the stupid leak in my truck. The day I saw it I couldnt get to the dealer. Now that I have the time its not leaking. O ya I have a drinkers build 5'10" 240lbs mmm Beer.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

Lol. Damn builds. Haha.

So I'm assuming that we all have the leak coming from the same spot then. The guy at the dealer said they may need to reseal the window or whatever the problem may be. I'll let you guys know Monday or Tuesday what the answer is.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:52 AM
hemi4x

I have a leave me alone, GRRRRRRR build at 255lbs,6'2..LOL. I have a water leak after installing a aftermarket 3rd brake light 2 yrs ago. water is dripping down the passenger A-pillar onto seat, my truck is a 2005 Ram 1500, 27,000 miles. so I installed the OE light and will monitor to see if this solves the issue.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

you ever get that fixed highduke??? it annoys me most because i have the yes essentials seats that are supposed to be superior against stains yet WATER leaves stain marks. my whole rear seat where teh water was coming in you can see even when everything is dry. time to switch to leather

Quick Reply: Water getting inside the cab and a couple other problems...