3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Magnaflow Exhaust Installation Video

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:06 PM
JoeHemi
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh my bad bro, it appears the photobucket took the liberty of choping your video down. I reuped it,

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...97834618&hl=en

Old 01-09-2009, 05:11 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhh ok haha thats better. haha

Old 01-09-2009, 05:14 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

yeah and disregard the part about the resonator. i had a blonde moment because you did a whole muff back system haha. so you already got rid of that. that is pretty tame sounding. maybe go sell that muff and go down to a 14 inch magnaflow.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:30 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by daddykirbs
After a short drive I was happier with the sound. At first I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't more rumbly. That's ok, I really wanted performance gain and hopefully mpg gains. The sound was going to be icing on the cake.

Next I will attempt to do something with the intake to free that up a bit. I'm looking at all of your homemade CAIs to see what I want to do.
If you have a resonator on before the magnaflow muffler i'd remove it...the sound is a lot more aggressive and loud. You did get the longer muffler though but it would still get louder.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:34 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nickahern1
yeah and disregard the part about the resonator. i had a blonde moment because you did a whole muff back system haha. so you already got rid of that. that is pretty tame sounding. maybe go sell that muff and go down to a 14 inch magnaflow.
Mine had a big resonator after the y-pipe and a smaller one by the tailpipe. I dunno which years did but it's possible he still has one on there.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM
daddykirbs
Professional

I don't know what a resonator is... but I'll look it up. I didn't know that about the longer vs. shorter mufflers. Oh well, I'll live with this one. I like it.

Thanks for your comments. It seemed to be a bit more rumbly today. Is it possible that they get louder as they "break in"?

Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

It should get a little bit louder as it breaks in...or burns in....
Anyway, louder isn't always better.....

It's got to flow better than stock. Plus, when you add the CAI it should sound even healthier.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:48 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by daddykirbs
I don't know what a resonator is... but I'll look it up. I didn't know that about the longer vs. shorter mufflers. Oh well, I'll live with this one. I like it.

Thanks for your comments. It seemed to be a bit more rumbly today. Is it possible that they get louder as they "break in"?
Yea magnaflows do get a little louder from the packing material absorbing moisture and condensing as time goes on.

If you have a resonator before the muffler it'll look like a little muffler...about 1/4 the size. It'll be after the y-pipe so don't remove the cats

Old 01-10-2009, 10:55 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i was at the exhaust shop yesterday enquiring about putting my new y-pipe on and they had a 14 inch magnaflow si/so and i almost jumped to changing it all out but i plan on doing headers so i decided to wait until i do it all. im going to go back to a sngle exhaust and dump it at the rear axle. i hate cleaning my 2 polished tips every day.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust Installation Video