3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Factory tint and police problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 01:36 PM
04 HEMI 04
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

go to the court... and sue that cop lol

Old 01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Ilovemytruck
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a regular cab and have had problems at checkpoints and when getting pulled over. I just roll down both windows and that solves the problem. They just want to ticket people because they have small *****'s.

Old 01-13-2009, 01:57 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

So guys with big ***** don't get hassled as much? But they hassle you a lot?

Old 01-13-2009, 02:04 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Maybe he just likes to talk about *****.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Sheriff Roscoe
Smile Legal in PA

I am a police officer in PA, I have an '04 Hemi Quad Cab, and I have factory tinted windows on the truck and I have aftermarket 20% on the front doors and a brow across the top. I'm not positive on the laws in other states but in PA you can black out all windows except the front doors and as long as you have mirrors, you're fine. Technically, my truck isn't legal but it looks good. In my career of almost 10 yrs, I have only cited one person (drug dealer) for window tint and it gave me probable cause to pull him over, other than that, it's nonsense. We have a lot more serious issues to focus on than people trying to make their ride look nicer!

Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 PM
SmokeySportRam
Captain

if it came that way from the factory, it is legal

Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by truckin151
The question I have is if you drove up to visit a friend or family member in one of the states that dont allow window tints at all if you would still get a citation eventhough its legal where you are from....
You should not be cited due to reciprocity. It's legal where you live and you are not a resident of their jurisdiction.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

i only know of one person who has been pulled over for it and he had 5% all around 75 dollar ticket i got pulled over when i had my mustang with 5% all around and he asked me if it was legal to try and get me to talk my way into a ticket and i just told him it was and if different then prove and and he went on his little power trip about breaking laws and i said is that all officer i have better things to do than listen to you if you want to give me a ticket then do it other wise have a nice day shut him up and drove off dare say he followed me for about 2 mi to see if i broke any other law I HATE THE POPO JUST LITTLE BOYS WITH GUNS

Old 01-13-2009, 04:54 PM
osufans
Veteran

You should not be cited due to reciprocity. It's legal where you live and you are not a resident of their jurisdiction.
So if it's legal to do, say 70MPH where I live, but the speed limit in VA is only 55MPH, I can get away with it?

I'm just harassin' ya....I know what you're saying...I totally agree, if its factory tint, go to court and get out of your ticket...the judge may even give the cop the evil eye for wasting his time and jamming up a most likely already busy docket.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

VA is trying to be as little California and regulate every little thing that can possible be regulated. Next, you will have to fart thru a cat converter or face a heavy fine or have to buy carbon credits from the global warming ****'s!! Idiots!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Factory tint and police problems