3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 08:13 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Really, that's funny because to this day there's no user adjustability for shifts with the superchips( it's "coming soon")...yet diablo had this ability at launch. Along with being able to just fuel and spark....nope SC can't do that either. Hell SC can't even adjust idle yet. Still think they have full TCM support...the full part would include user adjustable features.
Adjustable shifts have been available for years via Superchips. Prior to my 2008 Ram, I owned a 2004. I've been able to set my rev limit and wot shifts points since 2004. You may be confusing the increase in rev/wot shift points limits they'll release very soon.

Diablo does not have full TCM support yet. Far from it. They have no TCM support for 03 or 04. The rest of the years are supported, but not fully. Have you read their forums? There are two threads by customers there right now asking for better and more aggressive shifting. Shifts that match what Superchips already produces and they haven't been able to do it yet. The Ram TCM is extremely complicated. Superchips is the only tuning company to figure it out and apply it successfully over all years.

The other options you mentioned they don't have at the moment, but more options will be released. Idle adjust will come, with the other options Tom mentioned. I'm pushing them on fuel and spark. We'll see what happens there.

The important thing here is, Superchips is a very mature product. There is no live beta testing on customers going on. There are no ABS systems being knocked out or overdrive clutches being burnt up like a certain competitor's product has done and let's face it, many use their trucks as a daily driver and can't afford down time for major repairs caused by a tuner.

Superchips will be able to successfully apply all these new options, because their knowledge of the Ram TCM is superior to rest. At the end of the day, that's great for you and all consumers. Heck, you may even come back one day. You never know.

Sil

Old 02-05-2009, 08:15 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Sil, do you happen to know what the most current database numbers are? I just updated my tuner and got v1.29 236. I thought I read earlier today that someone downloaded and got v1.30.
v1.30/237

Sil

Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
v1.30/237

Sil
Well that sucks, why did I get 1.29 236? Maybe I will have to try again tonight.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I finally got the right update. Had to update to te new version of the downloader to get it. Does the new system always take this long or was it bc it was my first time using the new one? It took almost 15 minutes to go through the whole update from beginning to end.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

It's not released yet, but I have the new REV/WOT limits:

New... REV limit max: 6500

New... WOT 1-2 limit max: 6200

New... WOT 2-3 limit max: 6200

Sil

Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Superchips Option Announcement!

From Scott:

Trans settings are ready for download Sil.

I would recommend that you let the others know that customer service won’t be open till Monday in the event they have any unforeseen issues so they might want to wait till Monday to install these options when we can assist them.

Go for it gentlemen! Please read that Scott mentions Customer Service will not be open for the weekend.

Sil

Old 02-06-2009, 07:14 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Folks,

I posted the announcement that Scott sent me via e-mail and checking my tuner now, the update is not there??

I just sent Scott another e-mail right now. He won't get it until Monday.

This makes me look real bad with you folks. I apologize profusely about the poor communication.

Sil

Old 02-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
Folks,

I posted the announcement that Scott sent me via e-mail and checking my tuner now, the update is not there??

I just sent Scott another e-mail right now. He won't get it until Monday.

This makes me look real bad with you folks. I apologize profusely about the poor communication.

Sil
Sil, it isn't your fault that they didn't follow through with what they said they would do as far as an option release. You are the one keeping us informed and no one can fault you for passing along the info that they gave you.

That said, I am getting tired of SC and their games. They continue to jerk you and everyone else around by dangling these features out there and then not coming through. I have been following this process since you first posted the poll for what features we would want back in November and SC has done nothing but make release date promises and not come through. I am sooooooo disappointed by SC again.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Superchips Tom
Former Vendor

Guys,

I apologize for the delay but don't you think you're being a little harsh with the backlash over the timing of this feature? We're trying to give you real-time feedback on some of the features you're requesting, but our internal processes and systems don't always operate at the speed of these postings.

Scott believed the release would be ready because it was in the queue, but he didn't know one of the approvers was out of the office. So, the software is basically 'waiting on a desk' before distribution. We have a robust QC/release process and, [unfortunately] if someone is not available for that process, the features go into a holding pattern for another day or two.

We're making every effort to give you a sneak peak and/or advanced notice but I think we could use a little cushion before the backlash about broken promises. I assure you we're not 'playing games or jerking you around' and I'd expect having the CEO and Division President participating in this forum is evidence to our commitment to our customers.

Bottom line - the features are coming. It may just take a few days longer than expected.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Division President
Superchips, Inc.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:50 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

yea, that was kinda harsh teach'

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???