3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe he means after you buy the cables or whatever you need to make the DS work? Isn't there like a cable package or something that you have to buy for the Predator?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Hey Sil, never seen you over here before. For the guys who don't know him, Sil is a good guy and knows his stuff when it comes to Superchips.
Thanks for the welcome buddy.

Sil

Old 02-04-2009, 08:29 PM
AF_HEMI
Champion

i bought a SC 3812...should be here tomorrow. Am I gonna need any sorts of wiring harnesses/USB connectors to get the upgrades from the website or will the flashpaq come with the necessary gear?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by AF_HEMI
i bought a SC 3812...should be here tomorrow. Am I gonna need any sorts of wiring harnesses/USB connectors to get the upgrades from the website or will the flashpaq come with the necessary gear?
It should come with a USB cable. You'll need to download the Flashpaq software from the website http://www.flashpaq.com/ and install it on your computer, then you'll be ready to upgrade.

Congratulations! You'll enjoy it.

Sil

Old 02-04-2009, 08:38 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

It should come with the cable you need to get the updates.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:43 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Maybe he means after you buy the cables or whatever you need to make the DS work? Isn't there like a cable package or something that you have to buy for the Predator?
Oh yea forgot about that...I got mine during the christmas sale and it came with everything.

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but does anyone else find it odd that Superchips is just now getting their tunes on par to where they should have been? I mean how many years was the SC out for the hemi ram and they're just now disabling MDS, independent tire/gear size and adding TCM support? Of course it just so happens to be after the diablo launch...hmmmm. It's either one hell of an coincidence that they just so happened to figure out how to do all that...or they bought a predator and examined the tunes. Yea that's right I said it . So either SC's R&D support/willingness to make their product better is lacking or they're standing on the back of other companies. I'm sure my opinion differs from you SC owners . It'll be interesting to see who comes out with part throttle shift adjustment first.

With that being said i'm glad they stepped it up...hopefully diablo takes note and raises it to the next level.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:50 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
and adding TCM support?
Full TCM support for the Ram product has been there for years. Superchips is the only tuning company that has TCM figured out in our Rams over various years.

The rest of the tuning companies are having trouble with it or don't offer it at all. '07 seems to be the year the other tuning companies seem to have some success in regards to the Ram TCM.

Sil

Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

hmmmm. It's either one hell of an coincidence that they just so happened to figure out how to do all that...or they bought a predator and examined the tunes. Yea that's right I said it . So either SC's R&D support/willingness to make their product better is lacking or they're standing on the back of other companies. I'm sure my opinion differs from you SC owners .
I am going with it being a coincidence, but I am one of those SC owners

Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Oh yea forgot about that...I got mine during the christmas sale and it came with everything.

I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but does anyone else find it odd that Superchips is just now getting their tunes on par to where they should have been? I mean how many years was the SC out for the hemi ram and they're just now disabling MDS, independent tire/gear size and adding TCM support? Of course it just so happens to be after the diablo launch...hmmmm. It's either one hell of an coincidence that they just so happened to figure out how to do all that...or they bought a predator and examined the tunes. Yea that's right I said it . So either SC's R&D support/willingness to make their product better is lacking or they're standing on the back of other companies. I'm sure my opinion differs from you SC owners . It'll be interesting to see who comes out with part throttle shift adjustment first.

With that being said i'm glad they stepped it up...hopefully diablo takes note and raises it to the next level.
yea, cables cost for diablo, and you can get the SC used for $100 less.

i mentioned that on the last page, i think SC was sitting on some upgrades, and have now picked up their game. Hammer mentioned earlier too that now that DS is out with something SC will rist to the competition. it's unfortunate they had to lose some sales to the competitor to finally release some stuff. A lot of you guys would have bougth a flashpaq for the MDS delete alone.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
A lot of you guys would have bougth a flashpaq for the MDS delete alone.
Very true. I personally don't have MDS but I have heard a lot of guys talk about MDS disable as being a big selling point for a tuner.

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???