3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 09:52 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
lol, wanna bet?

not positive where its coming from yet, but it sure doesn't sound like a belt. i'll check after work.
My '04, even with the rev limiter set at 6300, would hit 6100 RPM at WOT. Maybe there are variations between trucks and PCM's. Hope the noise you're hearing is a simple fix. Good luck bud and let us know what you find.

Sil

Old 02-24-2009, 10:08 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
My '04, even with the rev limiter set at 6300, would hit 6100 RPM at WOT. Maybe there are variations between trucks and PCM's. Hope the noise you're hearing is a simple fix. Good luck bud and let us know what you find.

Sil
Oh I believe it. Hammer mentioned that PCMs vary significantly between trucks cuz dodge just used whatever they could find. Also would be why my truck shot craps when i tuned it last week pre-update.

Just for the record, I don't consider any of this the fault of the SC, including the problems with the tune (as long as returning my truck to stock removed programming problems).

Old 02-24-2009, 10:09 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
That was my thought when I read the post, that he stretched a belt that had seen it's better days.

By the way, SC guys, class move to apologize in an open forum. Personal issues have had me delay my cam work for the past year or so, maybe by the time I'm ready to put the cam in, you'll have a better solution in staying with a SC other than going to a piggyback.
Regardless, I have an '02 Grand Cherokee Overland with the 4.7 HO in it, and planned on "handing down" the SC tuner to it at that time. The GC is stock except for a drop-in K&N filter. So I have a use for the tuner, either way.
The product is solid, very solid. It's just the fact that I got on the phone and was told one thing, dropped $450 which was the going rate at the time, and felt like I got lied to a few months later, with NO EXPLANATION until yesterday! The two times I called regarding the issue, I felt like I was blown off. The second time, in late '06, I basically got the "well we are the only game in town, if you don't like it, uninstall the unit and sell it and see if you can live with the stock tune". I basically got the same attitude on your forum, not quite as severe, but nothing even close to admitting fault or a reasonable explanation like I got yesterday.
Seems there has always been one complaint I've read across forums and in talking to people with a Superchips Tuner and that's slow and sometimes VERY impolite customer service. Just some constructive critisism.
Hammer,

Good feedback.

One thing I can tell you is, they're working hard to improve customer relations. You see it in the forums with Adam, Tom, Scott and many of the Superchips teams posting and listening to their customers.

I interact with Scott, at Superchips, very frequently. I can tell you he has only one thing on his mind and that's customer satisfaction. They are really making a serious push to improve an already good product and customer relations.

I send them suggestions frequently. Many of those suggestions come from this forum and others. They are very receptive. It's feedback like yours that push some of these suggestions to reality. Thank you.

Sil

Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

That was my thought when I read the post, that he stretched a belt that had seen it's better days.

By the way, SC guys, class move to apologize in an open forum. Personal issues have had me delay my cam work for the past year or so, maybe by the time I'm ready to put the cam in, you'll have a better solution in staying with a SC other than going to a piggyback.
Regardless, I have an '02 Grand Cherokee Overland with the 4.7 HO in it, and planned on "handing down" the SC tuner to it at that time. The GC is stock except for a drop-in K&N filter. So I have a use for the tuner, either way.
The product is solid, very solid. It's just the fact that I got on the phone and was told one thing, dropped $450 which was the going rate at the time, and felt like I got lied to a few months later, with NO EXPLANATION until yesterday! The two times I called regarding the issue, I felt like I was blown off. The second time, in late '06, I basically got the "well we are the only game in town, if you don't like it, uninstall the unit and sell it and see if you can live with the stock tune". I basically got the same attitude on your forum, not quite as severe, but nothing even close to admitting fault or a reasonable explanation like I got yesterday.
Seems there has always been one complaint I've read across forums and in talking to people with a Superchips Tuner and that's slow and sometimes VERY impolite customer service. Just some constructive critisism.
oohh I hope that's all. If that's all it is, I'll send you an EMD hat , if you're not too chicken **** to give me your address

Gotta agree, I am really liking the attention you guys are giving to customers now. I know the dodge crowd is just a small part of the MSD income, but it makes a BIG difference to know you guys at least stop by the forum once in a while and see what we think. It might just be because some competition came around, but you guys are really stepping up your game, and that makes the SC worth much more to me than a DSP.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:49 AM
gish71
Amateur

Sil
There is still a problem with the trans tuning in the '07 4.7. There are some us who have NEVER been able to tune the trans because a variation in the PCM that SC cant figure out. Some of us have been waiting for 4 months for a fix !
Its VERY FRUSTRATING that my $ 300 + tuner still doesnt work......
But I am still hoping one of these days (SOON) that this is solved.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:55 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by gish71
There is still a problem with the trans tuning in the '07 4.7. There are some us who have NEVER been able to tune the trans because a variation in the PCM that SC cant figure out. Some of us have been waiting for 4 months for a fix !
Its VERY FRUSTRATING that my $ 300 + tuner still doesnt work......
But I am still hoping one of these days (SOON) that this is solved.
Gish,

I know this is being worked. The TCM is complicated, as witnessed by multiple tranny failures via other tuning.

They'll figure it out and you'll be happy with the end result. It's always better to err on the side of safety. Our trucks are expensive and many times are the only mode of transporatation we have.

Sil

Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
gish71
Amateur

Gish,

I know this is being worked. The TCM is complicated, as witnessed by multiple tranny failures via other tuning.

They'll figure it out and you'll be happy with the end result. It's always better to err on the side of safety. Our trucks are expensive and many times are the only mode of transporatation we have.

Sil
Very true on all parts, and I dont want any trans horror stories but I just want to enjoy the trans improvments everybody else is raving about.

Keep up the good work,
Paul

Old 02-25-2009, 11:14 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

The single most important thing is communication! Most customers are happy if they just feel like they are in the loop and are told what's going on. Superchips has had a problem with this in the past, but seems to be striving to right that ship.
I see Diablo having a HUGE issue in that department right now. I think to the point a rep was banned off another forum yesterday...

Old 02-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see Diablo having a HUGE issue in that department right now. I think to the point a rep was banned off another forum yesterday...
If you are talking about the same one I was reading posts from yesterday then he should have been banned. He jumped all over anyone who said they had a problem with the DSP to the point that his boss from Diablo got on and even admitted that his employee was in the wrong.

Old 02-25-2009, 02:47 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
If you are talking about the same one I was reading posts from yesterday then he should have been banned. He jumped all over anyone who said they had a problem with the DSP to the point that his boss from Diablo got on and even admitted that his employee was in the wrong.
Yep, that would be the one. If the guy worked for me, he'd be on the unemployment line right now...

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???