3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 PM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnysArt
nim81,
heres the thread to what I'm working on for my cai:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-02-5-9-a.html
and I still have lots to do on it.
looking good johnny!
i was wondering how well that was going to work on top of the stock unit and then i noticed the dryer vent, good idea! cant wait to see a finished product!

Old 01-30-2009, 08:12 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nim81
looking good johnny!
i was wondering how well that was going to work on top of the stock unit and then i noticed the dryer vent, good idea! cant wait to see a finished product!
Thank you, I was going to work on it this wednesday but i was sick and the weather wasn't very good so hopefully this coming week, i will keep you posted.

johnny.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:45 PM
LTKJ993A
Default Mods

I've got a '02 Ram SLT, The mods I've got are flowmaster exhaust w/ headers, poweraid spacer. My ? is what's the best economical air intake. And also has anyone had problems with the front short shafts. I'm going to have to replace mine this spring..Any info would be appreciated.

Old 01-31-2009, 05:45 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep,m-1 is for the upper rpms. it will really hurt your take off. cannt rememeber the exact rpms its good for but somewhere around the 6k range.

thats one thing i wish i would have done when i had the rhino done,was my bumpers too. i think it would look sweet.

and the airbox is nice. way to be thinkin.

Last edited by talon6; 01-31-2009 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:49 AM
talon6
Record Breaker
Old 01-31-2009, 05:52 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by LTKJ993A
I've got a '02 Ram SLT, The mods I've got are flowmaster exhaust w/ headers, poweraid spacer. My ? is what's the best economical air intake. And also has anyone had problems with the front short shafts. I'm going to have to replace mine this spring..Any info would be appreciated.
the poweraid spacer is not helping your performance. many people have dynoed them on our motors and they do nothing. some even show a dyno a loss in hp with them on.there are motors that they work on.just not ours.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:26 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

[QUOTE=talon6;1532833]these are the only shots i have of the color matched rhino.

I cannot get over how badazzzz that looks.
guess I've just added this to my mod list.

johnny.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:36 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by LTKJ993A
Correct me if I'm wrong guys but I believe anything besides the factory restrictive intake will give you moderate gains. Now if you can shield it from the hot engine and some how get cool air from the outside to your cai even better.
Now it's going to be moderate and not like putting in a bigger cam or gears.

I have a CGS Motorsports intake which I'm currently working on shielding and am happy with it.

johnny.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:13 AM
talon6
Record Breaker

gonna be straight up. i had a k&n drop in, in my stock airbox first. took the stock airbox and tube off and got a whole k&n fipk kit and couldnt feel any difference on the butt dyno. i kinda feel that it was one of my biggest waste of 300$. but it was my second mod.i had it paired with the hypertech max energy then. now it might have made some of my other mods preform a little better like the 1.7's or the fastman 52mm. but i have never tried my stock intake with the other stuff i have done.

my favorite 3 motor mods in order are, superchip 3815,harland sharp 1.7 roller rockers non adjustable,then my fastman 52mm tb.

but my favorite thing of all is my color matched rhino rockers and bed. but i havent got my wheels and tires on yet.will have to see how that turns out.

Last edited by talon6; 02-01-2009 at 07:21 AM.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:01 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by talon6
gonna be straight up. i had a k&n drop in, in my stock airbox first. took the stock airbox and tube off and got a whole k&n fipk kit and couldnt feel any difference on the butt dyno. i kinda feel that it was one of my biggest waste of 300$. but it was my second mod.i had it paired with the hypertech max energy then. now it might have made some of my other mods preform a little better like the 1.7's or the fastman 52mm. but i have never tried my stock intake with the other stuff i have done.

my favorite 3 motor mods in order are, superchip 3815,harland sharp 1.7 roller rockers non adjustable,then my fastman 52mm tb.

but my favorite thing of all is my color matched rhino rockers and bed. but i havent got my wheels and tires on yet.will have to see how that turns out.
when you putting on your headers ????

Quick Reply: ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?