3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:17 AM
JohnnysArt
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by talon6
gonna be straight up. i had a k&n drop in, in my stock airbox first. took the stock airbox and tube off and got a whole k&n fipk kit and couldnt feel any difference on the butt dyno. i kinda feel that it was one of my biggest waste of 300$. but it was my second mod.i had it paired with the hypertech max energy then. now it might have made some of my other mods preform a little better like the 1.7's or the fastman 52mm. but i have never tried my stock intake with the other stuff i have done.

my favorite 3 motor mods in order are, superchip 3815,harland sharp 1.7 roller rockers non adjustable,then my fastman 52mm tb.

but my favorite thing of all is my color matched rhino rockers and bed. but i havent got my wheels and tires on yet.will have to see how that turns out.
I agree with ya but it does work better with all the other mods.
I say my 3 favorit mods are sc tuner,1.7 rr and jba silver ceramic coated headers.

Johnny.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:27 PM
talon6
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
when you putting on your headers ????
soon i hope. i just cannt seem to find time to do it.worked 84hrs this week. to be honest, i havent felt like workin' on my truck lately. just to much on my "plate" right now.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:51 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Originally Posted by talon6
soon i hope. i just cannt seem to find time to do it.worked 84hrs this week. to be honest, i havent felt like workin' on my truck lately. just to much on my "plate" right now.
I didn't have the time myself so had a friend who owns meineki install mine for 200.00

Once you get them on you love it. It's not louder just has a deeper tone and you can feel the difference.

johnny

Old 02-11-2009, 05:48 PM
JohnnysArt
All Star

Bump------Come on I know theres more of you out there.

johnny.

Quick Reply: ATT: US 5.9 Magnum Guys What Performance Mods?