3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tinting Everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 10:36 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tinting Everywhere!

I was just wondering what would be the best way to black out my taillights. ive heard of VHT nite shades and they look pretty good and cheap too but has anyone here used them before. Should i just go to a tint shop and get it tinted there? also which is the darkest and lets out the most light? i dont want to have any problems with cops.
could you also tint the headlights instead of painting the inside or buying new ones? id probably would have to get HID lights then since it would be too dark
also, does anyone what the prices would run just to tint a reg cab? i know its different everywhere but if you have an aftermarket tint, let me know? thanks
BTW, i did search the forum but didnt find what i was looking for. everything was old and the pics DNE

Old 02-01-2009, 10:51 PM
pcollins
Veteran

Thats a lot of questions! But, Im glad you asked them because I am curious about tinting the lights also

Old 02-01-2009, 11:04 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by pcollins
Thats a lot of questions! But, Im glad you asked them because I am curious about tinting the lights also
dang it, i was hoping you had an answer
headlights or taillights?

Old 02-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have looked into tinting the tails before with the VHT and results seem to be hit or miss. After seeing what the good and bad results look like I decided to just wait and get them done professionally. There is a guy who does them and they come out looking perfect.

Old 02-01-2009, 11:48 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I have looked into tinting the tails before with the VHT and results seem to be hit or miss. After seeing what the good and bad results look like I decided to just wait and get them done professionally. There is a guy who does them and they come out looking perfect.
are you going to tint them or have them use spray on VHT?

does anyone else have any experience with this type of stuff?

Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by raminator08
are you going to tint them or have them use spray on VHT?

does anyone else have any experience with this type of stuff?
I am going to have mine done by the pro. From what I have read he uses an automotive grade tint then clears them and finally sands them down to a mirror finish. He also has different levels of darkness for the tint to meet each persons needs.

Old 02-02-2009, 02:21 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

man you could tint your windows super easy in your truck...if you want the front windows tinted, i did mine myself....actually pulled the door panels and removed the window from the door.....much easier doing it that way instead of trying to do it in the truck like before...........as for tinting the headlights and stuff, i'm not sure really....but for the price i would think you could prolly buy new for what it's cost to have yours done

Old 02-02-2009, 08:27 AM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker

Tint on the headlights is a stick on vinyl like a decal. I had mine done. I also had my stock tails and now my LED tails tinted. www.unique-coatings.com

Name:  P9260433.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  52.1 KB
Name:  P9250420.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  45.8 KB
Name:  P7010491.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  89.7 KB

Old 02-02-2009, 08:43 AM
BEAR
Record Breaker

I did my head and taillights with VHT. I am very pleased with them both. I removed the lights, cleaned them with something to remove the wax and dirt, light sanded with a very light grade sandpaper, cleaned again and started with the VHT. I went with very light coats and let each coat dry for about 15 mins between coats. Just keep spraying till they get as dark as you want. I chose not to clear coat mine. Some do and some don't but I havn't had any problems yet. If I do I can always go back and light sand and shoot them with some clear.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

As for the windows, i had my rear done for 50 and 40 bucks per front window and 15 for my banner.

Quick Reply: Tinting Everywhere!