3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SLT front bumper valance: AKA Black thingy

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 11:41 AM
timothyfrohlich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ripped mine of this winter. Ran into a snow pile and one side came off..so i took it off. I had fixed one side before because I lost a bolt, but it was cold out so I said screw it and took it off. It makes my truck look taller. I think there were some kind of lock nuts on the other sides of the bolts guys.... no rocket science involved.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 PM
raminator08
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RamNSX

Oh and I called three dealerships today and talked to three Service Managers... after my question I did manage to overhear: "uhh hmm...", "wh.. th.. fu...?", and "well... ughmm..."
Those could be highly technical responses that non mechanically inclined types are not meant to understand...
i can see that those dealers sure have an excellent training program and requirements to work there. Im guessing they got their degrees from MIT lol

i think the power wagon doesnt have one because its an offroad truck and that would break off really easy when someone goes out

Old 02-11-2009, 10:26 PM
6 hemi ram
Professional

i think you all are thinking too much. i have seen no differenced winter or summer in regards to overheating or anything like that . just take the damn thing off or leave it on. it is NOT rocket science it is cosmetic and not needed. just thought id add that .

Quick Reply: SLT front bumper valance: AKA Black thingy