3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

power of an '09

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 06CountryBoy5.7
To be honest with you all I am a Ford man. Yes, hate me all you want lol.

Though I hate to say it, I bought my 06' Ram because it was better than the 06-07 F-150. I test drove both and read reviews on both and picked the Dodge. Though the new 09' F-150...hate all you want it is the most capable 1/2 ton this year. and I dont want to hear "Well it has the least power" Its got plenty of power for what you could ever throw at it. Dont believe me? read any non bias review on the internet, and compare specs to specs.

Hey at least I drive American.
and it has a man step haha

Old 02-11-2009, 12:23 AM
Ben D.
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you're that obsessed with payload why in the hell are you looking at buying a half ton light duty truck to begin with? If you honestly plan on towing and hauling you shouldn't even consider a half ton.. Half ton trucks are meant for someone that may once in awhile want to throw something in the bed and maybe tow a trailer once in a blue moon. anyone that is doing things like that on a daily basis would not be a smart buyer if they purchased a half ton truck.

Old 02-11-2009, 12:07 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben D.
if you're that obsessed with payload why in the hell are you looking at buying a half ton light duty truck to begin with? If you honestly plan on towing and hauling you shouldn't even consider a half ton.. Half ton trucks are meant for someone that may once in awhile want to throw something in the bed and maybe tow a trailer once in a blue moon. anyone that is doing things like that on a daily basis would not be a smart buyer if they purchased a half ton truck.
There we go. A 1500 just isn't meant for that load. You need a heavier frame and all to do real towing. These 1500s aren't wimpy trucks, but they are meant for someone who needs more room than a trunk can provide, sometimes might pull a trailer, needs 4x4, or just won't drive a little straight 4 car.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WVU Fan
Are you stock? My brother has an 03 Quad Cab with the 5.7 and 3.92s and I don't recall it pulling like my 09 Crew Cab with the Gen II 5.7 and I also have the 3.55s. Gears make a difference, no doubt, but so does 45 additional hp. What's the weight difference between the two, do you know?
Good question, not sure what the weight difference is. I have an 08 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 (stock when we raced) with 3.92s. He has the 09 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 with 3.55s. He's probably a little heavier... I am now running a Diablo with a 91 octane tune and we haven't lined em up again.

Quick Reply: power of an '09