3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Will these fit? (another audio ?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009 | 11:56 PM
raminator08
|
Record Breaker
Default Will these fit? (another audio ?)

ok, so i been wanting to upgrade my car audio for a while now. im going to let go on the subs right now unless something good comes up. im going to upgrade my door speakers right now and my head unit but leave my rear 5 1/4s alone. i managed to find a brand new pair of these for $100 locally from guy who decided not to put them on

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2068KS6...930.html?tp=91

i checked it on crutchfield and they said it doesnt not fit but i thought all 6x9s will work in my door.
also, are they any good for $100. i thought about these rockford fosgate for $70

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P169...ml?tp=91&avf=N

im going to upgrade my head unit too at the same time too

Old 02-15-2009 | 12:40 AM
raminator08
|
Record Breaker

also, i was wondering if it would be better to buy door panel kit to fit 6 1/2s because the guy is also a new pair of kicker SSmb6 6 1/2s? do you think i could fit the 6 1/2s in the back of my reg cab because right now they have 5 1/4s. it will probably take a lot of work. what about replacing my 5 1/4s? i dont think they will make that much of a difference. i even thought about not wiring them into my head unit and just give all the power to the kicker 6x9s if thats possible. those kickers can handle a lot of power and some people even recommend a small amp to run them.

Old 02-15-2009 | 01:48 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

any speaker will "fit" it all depends on how much work you want to do getting them to fit.

Old 02-15-2009 | 07:25 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

what kind of tint do you have?

Old 02-15-2009 | 07:27 AM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker

Just kidding! You should go with Crutchfield's recommendations unless you want to modify everything....they know what fits and what does not. Why not get a different 6x9 that you know will fit. It will probably save you trouble in the long run.

Old 02-15-2009 | 10:33 AM
Ben D.
Champion

actually getting plates and fitting up 6.5"s is a good idea.. round speakers have better sound quality... i'm actually on my way out the door to work but while i'm there i'll get part numbers for plates and when i get back approx 530 eastern time i'll post up reasons why.. and the kicker ks 6x9 are going to be better than the rockfords.. i love fosgate subs and amps but their speakers are not very good. and they ks 6x9s will fit crutchfield is just worried about depth with the kickers.. i've put those speakers in these trucks before.. and might do a set in mine if i don't go 6.5's.

Old 02-15-2009 | 10:51 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

those should fit.
i have alpines 6x9 front and 5 1/4 rear. my front 6x9s are roughly 3 1/16 depth mounted into the stock spacer that comes off the stock speakers. the 5 1/4s are about 2 inchs in depth. i love the way they sound. will be even better once i trash the stock head unit for a nice 7 inch touch screen and the alpine mrpm1000 - 100x4 amp for the door speakers, 1 12 type-r sub and a alpine mrp 1x500 mono amp for the sub with a small capicitor bottle ... if your wondering why everything is alpine its because my girl bought me the speakers last year and i dont like to mix brands when i do audio stuff. i am buying one thing at a time until i have it all and ready to put it in. i have a flip up center console/seat and i plan on trying to throw the sub under that so i can keep all my storage under the rear seat ( i have quad cab) the system i want isnt the best that could be had but it will be nice for me. fits my style....

Old 02-15-2009 | 11:48 AM
raminator08
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nickahern1
those should fit.
i have alpines 6x9 front and 5 1/4 rear. my front 6x9s are roughly 3 1/16 depth mounted into the stock spacer that comes off the stock speakers. the 5 1/4s are about 2 inchs in depth. i love the way they sound. will be even better once i trash the stock head unit for a nice 7 inch touch screen and the alpine mrpm1000 - 100x4 amp for the door speakers, 1 12 type-r sub and a alpine mrp 1x500 mono amp for the sub with a small capicitor bottle ... if your wondering why everything is alpine its because my girl bought me the speakers last year and i dont like to mix brands when i do audio stuff. i am buying one thing at a time until i have it all and ready to put it in. i have a flip up center console/seat and i plan on trying to throw the sub under that so i can keep all my storage under the rear seat ( i have quad cab) the system i want isnt the best that could be had but it will be nice for me. fits my style....
the kickers are 3-1/4" depth and you said stock space is 3-1/16". what would i have to do to get them to fit? if i take off the grill, would that make a difference?
also, do i really need an amp to power to them, or could i use just the head unit?

Old 02-15-2009 | 12:11 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

You can use the head unit, and to make the speakers fit you may have to fab up a bracket to hold them out off the door closer to the grill.

Old 02-15-2009 | 12:11 PM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker

you dont NEED an amp to power door speakers, but some door speakers sound best that way. Take Alpine Type R speakers for example, they can take alot of wattage, and sound best when ran with thier required watts. if you underpower them say with just the HU they will sound terrible, and you will end up blowing them out by cranking your volume too much to hear them, or the static that is produced.

Quick Reply: Will these fit? (another audio ?)